T6.1 Headlight types

I have a 2020 shuttle and have asked the dealer I bought it from, and one other but they cannot tell me, I have tried euro car parts online and it comes up with, "sorry no bulbs found"it was the same with fuse positions why can't VW give an accurate print out of a vehicles spec, I hope to travel to France when this pandemic is over and need to carry spares, I hope someone can help.

They're standard T6.1 lights so twin H7 bulbs. Not sure on drl and indicator bulbs though, I'd guess at w21w.

Here's some suitable bulbs. Not sure of the situation with LED's tho. They may cause bulb out warning on your dash.

I have included part of an email I received from the parts department of my local dealer.

"I'm afraid what I've given you so far is the information I have available due to the headlights being Halogen it doesn't use the H4/H7 although I've heard people using the H7 as a temp bulb but I can't recommend you use that"

side running.jpg

dipped.jpg

main beam.jpg

So what do they recommend? And if they don't recommend anything then how do they know not to recommend a H7? :rolleyes:

So what do they recommend? And if they don't recommend anything then how do they know not to recommend a H7? :rolleyes:
The lack of basic information and the amount of wrong information I have been given is astounding, the guys in the service department do not know how basic things on my shuttle work, when I get time I will type up a list of the things they have got wrong, they are the reason I have searched out this forum in the hope I get some answers.

I emailed the same guy in parts that told me he couldn't recommend the H7 bulb, I asked if the H15 was suitable, Had a reply back and he says on his system it shows H7.

I know it's a PITA but I'd remove bulbs and check, it's a sure fire way of getting it right. Dealer staff can't be relied on, as you know.

Hi. I'm new to this forum so thanks for accepting me. I have a real basic question to ask that seems to me impossible to answer. What head lights are mine, Twin? I want to replace the bulbs with stronger ones than the poor orange ones fitted at the moment but there seems to be so many choices out there. I understand they are either H4 or H7?T6.1 Van.jpg

Back