T6.1 Hazards illuminating on their own.

Advikaz

I’m writing this at 2am for a reason.

asleep in bed and the missus comes to wake me up to tell me my vans hazards lights are flashing. Weird?
So I go out and check over the van, and have to press the interior hazard button to turn them off.

thinking I’m going mad I've looked back on my cctv and randomly they started going off about an hour ago. Nobody anywhere near the van and the keys hidden as always. They stayed on for around an hour until I turned them off. I checked the we connect app and it shows nothing at all.. either when on or off. No faults. No codes. No errors. No notifications.

anyone experienced similar? What the hell?????

asleep in bed and the missus comes to wake me up to tell me my vans hazards lights are flashing. Weird?
So I go out and check over the van, and have to press the interior hazard button to turn them off.

thinking I’m going mad I've looked back on my cctv and randomly they started going off about an hour ago. Nobody anywhere near the van and the keys hidden as always. They stayed on for around an hour until I turned them off. I checked the we connect app and it shows nothing at all.. either when on or off. No faults. No codes. No errors. No notifications.

Not had this problem over 11 month but will keep an eye out, thanks.

I wonder if this was the SOS function?
there have been issues and a software update for this.

My T6 did it at night when the battery got very low, I presumed that mine was caused by my tracker as I then got a message to say that there was a problem from the tracker.

My T6 did it at night when the battery got very low, I presumed that mine was caused by my tracker as I then got a message to say that there was a problem from the tracker.

weird as it had been on a 100mile round trip that day (about 8 hours before)

vans only 3k miles and 3 months old

So the wife was driving the van today and it started to do this randomly itself :( I guess I need to get it booked in then. I did ask her if she was doing 100 to 10mph in 2seconds but she assured me no lol

Did you ever find out the cause, mine has just done the same…

Only things i can think of is as above the sos has activated or having an issue (assuming its a 6.1) or the alarm has gone off and the sounder is knackered so all your seeing is the visual alert

It’s a T6.1, assuming the SOS rather than alarm as unlocking didn’t turn off the hazards, had to use the button.
I’ll monitor and drop off at VW if it does it again, still under warranty thanks

Could it be to do with the we connect app as this gives the option to turn on the indicators??

My T6 did it when the battery ran low. So did my T-Cross. (During lockdown when neither were being used).

Back