T6.1 Faults following leisure electric install

Creamytash

T6 Guru
I have been working on my conversion installing the electrics. Having finished - so I thought, when I started the van up I have a load of faults on the screen that won't clear. Main beam on the stalk put the blue light on in the centre of the speedo, the flashers are clicking too fast with no flashers woring in the headlight units. I am no auto electrician, Dellmassive had been trying to advise me but it's difficult when you are not at the vehicle. I have tried disconnecting the battery for 10 mins then reconnectikn to see if it will reset, but no.
Anyone had this happen to them can help please.
Thanks
CT

20230328_170954.jpg

20230328_170938.jpg

I have tried disconnecting the battery for 10 mins then reconnectikn to see if it will reset, but no.
Have you driven the van yet?
After a disconnect many of the fancy systems on T6.1 need to do their self-calibration - thus need to drive a bit to clear faults.
However, the lights and indicators should work immediately so something probably not correct with them.

Have you driven the van yet?
After a disconnect many of the fancy systems on T6.1 need to do their self-calibration - thus need to drive a bit to clear faults.
However, the lights and indicators should work immediately so something probably not correct with them.

Yes I went out for about 20mins to see if it was going to reset but no, still the same. Start back tracking over my work tomorrow.

Reactions: mmi
Thank you, I will be starting to back track over the next couple of days through what I have done looking for my cock up.

When you say that you were "working on the conversion", What did you do?
Do you know the voltage of the starter battery?
(I had a similar symptom to yours a while back when a small cable from a 12v feed to my router essentially came adrift and made contact with a seat base. The result was that the vehicle saw a random 17 volts and it was faults galore!
No harm was done and once the stray wire was made good all was fine.)

Thanks for the heads up, I am taking the drivers seat out tomorrow to get at the leisure battery and DC-DC charger. It's my intention to check everything under there that I have worked on.

When you say that you were "working on the conversion", What did you do?
Do you know the voltage of the starter battery?
(I had a similar symptom to yours a while back when a small cable from a 12v feed to my router essentially came adrift and made contact with a seat base. The result was that the vehicle saw a random 17 volts and it was faults galore!
No harm was done and once the stray wire was made good all was fine.)
I ran a cable from the pos of the van starter battery through the bulkhead, under the cab matting, under the passenger seat to under the drivers seat to a lifepo4 lithium 110ah battery under the drivers seat with victron dc-dc split charger and circuit breakers. Ran cables from leisure battery to the habitation 12v fuse box. Ran the cables from a 150w solar panal to the leisure battery via an isolator switch and a Victron controller. Also ran cables from leisure battery to a Renogy 2000w inverter also via a circuit breaker. The EHU is not wired up yet.

I ran a cable from the pos of the van starter battery through the bulkhead, under the cab matting, under the passenger seat to under the drivers seat to a lifepo4 lithium 110ah battery under the drivers seat with victron dc-dc split charger and circuit breakers. Ran cables from leisure battery to the habitation 12v fuse box. Ran the cables from a 150w solar panal to the leisure battery via an isolator switch and a Victron controller. Also ran cables from leisure battery to a Renogy 2000w inverter also via a circuit breaker. The EHU is not wired up yet.
The first thing I would do is check the voltage of the starter battery with a voltmeter.

If this voltage is high then disconnect the leisure battery to fix the problem and check through the work you did yesterday to find the stray.

If voltage is not high, then it is most possible that you have a grounding issue.

Obviously a scan of the vehicle will help the clever boffins on here, but a bit of a long shot is to check the connection to this little box under the drivers seat
It may be a case of the connections into this box being loose if you disturbed when you installed your LB.

770CBF98-0AF1-4614-9C25-37F44CAB65E4.jpeg

Obviously a scan of the vehicle will help the clever boffins on here, but a bit of a long shot is to check the connection to this little box under the drivers seat
It may be a case of the connections into this box being loose if you disturbed when you installed your LB.

View attachment 193953
Thank you so much for your help and advice, I will do all that you have suggested. I am not a sparky by any means but I am thinking that the little box you showed me could well be the culprit. I have a busy couple of days ahead of me so it may be Friday before I can apply my full time to this but I will feed back.
Thank you again and thank you to all the T6 family members that have replied.
CT

View attachment 193953
Hi Samro, massive thanks for your help and guidence. I didcwhat yiu said and checked the starter battery voltage which showed normal. I moved on the the black box that you showed a picture of in your reply. This box was in amongst the stuff under the drivers seat but fixed in a perminent location(not loose or floating about). It's a bit crowded under there with the leisure battery, victron dc-dc split charger and several circuit breakers for various things like inverter etc. Well, I cleared a way in to access the black box. I unplugged it cleaned both sides with electrical cleaner pushed the pmug back into the box making sure it engaged fully then closed the black plastic latch that holds the plug in place. Started her up and 7 of the 8 faults vanished instantly. The only error left on the screen was referring to the 'Stop/Start' system. I took the van for a run of about 20mins during which time it reset it's self. I can't thank you enough for pointing me in the right diretion. I do hope we get to meet up somewhere this year and when we do, the beers are on me.
What a family this T6 Forum is.
Best regards to you all
Creamytash.

Back