T6.1 Digital / Virtual Dash retrofit

Gazpar

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hi all,

I ordered a new 6.1 like a month ish ago couldn’t spec digital dash at that time and still can’t now. But I’ve just seen this video on YT which is a panel van with digital dash? So is it possible retrofit?

It might be the same dash as a golf, or another vehicle in the range. That’s going to be a voyage of discovery!!! If it becomes an option, you might have time to amend the factory order, just got to ask the dealer

It might be the same dash as a golf, or another vehicle in the range. That’s going to be a voyage of discovery!!! If it becomes an option, you might have time to amend the factory order, just got to ask the dealer

According to the official Volkswagen information, the digital dash is only an option in a passenger van. I'm not sure if that means the Kombi as well as the obvious T6.1 passenger vehicles.

I stand corrected on this one. The digital dash isn't available for any of the normal 'commercial' T6.1s which is gutting because its one of the best upgrades Volkswagen have done in my opinion.

Right, @Robert Your mission should you choose to except it :sneaky:

I spoke with the dealership I’ve ordered from. I can still add extras but nothing has been added that I want. I got this reply from Gerry regarding digital dash;

275FAEC6-0F92-4231-87AA-2BE3BABE9CB4.jpeg

i want to do this mod, i spoke to vwretrofit who assure me it can be done, just need to get the part number off VW for the clocks and they quoted a few hundred quid to install and code... so im expecting about a grand all in. just struggling with the part number

i want to do this mod, i spoke to vwretrofit who assure me it can be done, just need to get the part number off VW for the clocks and they quoted a few hundred quid to install and code... so im expecting about a grand all in. just struggling with the part number
I have also asked VW for part numbers but no response to it. I will chase them in the morning

Still only passenger carriers only and Cali. Won’t be long before a retrofit is out though I’m sure.

I was told by dealer today that the 6.1 sport line which is coming end of the year will have the TFT colour clocks. He seemed to be very sure of his statement, has anyone else heard this ?

Haven’t heard anything about the new sportline, if it’s end of the year I may as well cancel mine and wait for that.

Hi all. Have a look at Leighton Vans Instagram post. They have a LHD California with a digital dash. It looks the business.

My wife has that colour lcd satnav speedo on her Q5, it’s nice but soon forgotten, I wouldn’t lose any sleep over not having it as an option.

This UK spec down is weird of VW as I have just ordered a pro cab (one down from a Kombi) in France with the Digital Dash, the only prerequisite was that I had to spec onboard GPS which is expensive (not really the nav app i would choose) but the main reason for having a virtual cockpit I suppose.
Nice yes.
Forgotten, I doubt it.
Tipping reason for not running a van and a car, yes.
Vw reasoning is to keep clear space between work and leisure vehicles but this argument simply falls down with knowledge of this geographic discrimination

Reactions: mmi
Back