Caravelle Seating Options

moodsterT6

T6 Caravelle - Day Van - Occasional Camper
T6 Pro
Anyone have thoughts or experience with removing the either the 2nd row captains single chairs or the 3 seater bench in a Caravelle? We need to increase storage, there is only 3 of us so we could remove the 3 seater bench which takes up alot of room or remove the 2 x single seats, slide the seat bench forward to increase boot capacity. From what I can see that seems to be the most popular.

We quite like the Caravelle table and find it to be functional but we would need to use the single seats with it so it can sit between them. Interested to hear anyone elses experience with seat combinations. Up until now we fold down the seat bench to load ontop of it but we now need the height too. Any pictures of your preferred setups would be great :)

Cheers,

Nick.

I have removed the second row of seats and table as I sometimes need to carry 3 in the back. The seat can then be slid forward or back depending on whether leg room or 'boot space' is important.

I've also had the rear bench out and the middle row of seats and table in. Again, there is the flexibility of being able to vary the 'boot space' and the seats are more comfortable than the bench when there are only 2 to carry.

It's worth noting that the rear bench weighs around 15 tonnes, so taking it out and moving it to a safe storage place is not something you'd want to be doing very often. Have some plywood handy, as it's easy to loose grip and drop it, marking the rail covers or the door steps when wrestling with it.

One last thing if you weren't aware, the second row seats can be centrally mounted too, giving a reverse Mclaren F1 latout.

I have removed the second row of seats and table as I sometimes need to carry 3 in the back. The seat can then be slid forward or back depending on whether leg room or 'boot space' is important.

I've also had the rear bench out and the middle row of seats and table in. Again, there is the flexibility of being able to vary the 'boot space' and the seats are more comfortable than the bench when there are only 2 to carry.

It's worth noting that the rear bench weighs around 15 tonnes, so taking it out and moving it to a safe storage place is not something you'd want to be doing very often. Have some plywood handy, as it's easy to loose grip and drop it, marking the rail covers or the door steps when wrestling with it.

One last thing if you weren't aware, the second row seats can be centrally mounted too, giving a reverse Mclaren F1 latout.
That’s great info thank you. I did not know about the centrally mounted single seats! Out of curiosity, if you only had to carry 2 passengers would you prefer the single seats with the seat bench removed?

I found this useful video for removing the seat bench by yourself:

I just have the 3-seat bench, I've found it pretty flexible. Push it right back or right forward gives me the space options that work for me. I also use with the multiflex board for camping, which wouldnt be an option with the singles

While I like the table, I've now removed it and have it stored under my office desk, can't see myself using that again.

I can verify that the bench is bloody heavy and a two man job if you don't want to build the trolley on the video. I think its made of Lead? :)

Out of curiosity, if you only had to carry 2 passengers would you prefer the single seats with the seat bench removed?
I'd have the single seats as they are more comfortable and can be reclined and rotated individually.

Bit of a thread resurrection here but I have a relevant question! I’m thinking about getting a Caravelle, but am wondering exactly how much space there is with all seats in, and the bench pushed right forward (i.e. with 4 people travelling but nobody on the bench). Is there enough space for a couple of bikes?

Bit of a thread resurrection here but I have a relevant question! I’m thinking about getting a Caravelle, but am wondering exactly how much space there is with all seats in, and the bench pushed right forward (i.e. with 4 people travelling but nobody on the bench). Is there enough space for a couple of bikes?
I’ve not tried but if you were to fold the seat bench down flat you will have a lot more space. I have considered removing the seat bench as there’s only 3 of us but occasionally having the extra seats would be useful. Personally I have the Thule tailgate mounted rack as that is one of the reasons I chose the Caravelle, we needed the tow bar to tow the caravan. If it came to it you could remove the front wheels from the bikes, I’m sure they would fit then.

You'll get a couple of bikes in the 'boot' with row 2 seats in and the bench pushed right up behind them.

I have had 4 people and 4 bikes in by removing one middle seat and the table. The rear passengers sit in tandem and the bikes go longways between the drivers seat the the bench.

That's the beauty of the rail system. There are so many options.

Have found on our t6 caravelle that removing the bench seat i a pain, and as already mentioned, dmaned heavy

However there is a bonus, you got to take out the 2 singles first, ours wouldn't go out of the tailgate, so we got to see what it was like with just the bench before making the final decision, although we did end up removing it, again though as already said here, its not easy to be in and out due to the weight

Hi Guys. Is it possible to push the rear bench seat all the way forward (so it’s behind the drivers seat) and then put a single seat in the very back? Or does the bench have to remain in the third row? We have 4 kids but want to use the very back for luggage and dogs etc so I’m trying to find a seating configuration that best allows this. My ideal would be 2 x single captain seats up from, 3 more singles in the second row and then a solo seat in the very back.

Hi Guys. Is it possible to push the rear bench seat all the way forward (so it’s behind the drivers seat) and then put a single seat in the very back? Or does the bench have to remain in the third row? We have 4 kids but want to use the very back for luggage and dogs etc so I’m trying to find a seating configuration that best allows this. My ideal would be 2 x single captain seats up from, 3 more singles in the second row and then a solo seat in the very back.
I think the reason this setup is ‘discouraged’ is that in the event of an accident access from/to the back seat becomes very difficult.

Thanks guys. In that case, if I went for a 2:2:2 configuration can anyone tell me how much ‘boot space’ is available behind the last two seats? Ideally I’d like to know measurements on both a SWB and LWB as I’m still undecided which model to go for.

@whiteballed

I have done this as well, if it’s for toddlers you’d get away with face to face searing and a bit of boot, lwb however would be the best way though long term

Can I ask but feel free to say no, what’s with the username? It’s quite something to me
Lol

Thanks. I once had a dick of a boss who always used the term blackballed when something got rejected. His attitude was so negative I coined the term whiteballed and adopted the approach that anything was possible. My surname is also white. And I like pool and snooker too!

@whiteballed

I have done this as well, if it’s for toddlers you’d get away with face to face searing and a bit of boot, lwb however would be the best way though long term

Can I ask but feel free to say no, what’s with the username? It’s quite something to me
Lol
It’s not for toddlers. We’ve four kids of varying ages. When we go camping and the like it would be nice to not have to leave one behind!!

Reactions: CAB
So another option I’ve been thinking of is to purchase a pair of single seats to replace the rear bench. This offers more comfort for 6 passengers.

Is this config possible?

So another option I’ve been thinking of is to purchase a pair of single seats to replace the rear bench. This offers more comfort for 6 passengers.

Is this config possible?
Yes.

I’ve done exactly that on Caravelle that the female who lives in my house and calls herself the owner, owns

What seats have you got? I may have a pair for sale in a couple weeks or so, the ones with the built in drawers and boosters

Back