T6.1 - Adding rear Speakers

PaulM247

Hello
** This is a specific question regarding the T6.1 Infotainment System **
I have the T6.1 highline with the Infotainment system installed (which I believe is an upgrade).
It's a pannel van at the moment, but I will be upgrading to a camper soon.

I'l like to add speakers to the back of the van, and potentially a base speaker too. Now for the questions -
1. Can the Infotainment system accomedate additional speakers?
2. Can I add a base speaker?
3. If yes to the above - how do I get to the cables for the additional speakers?

I'm aware that in this forum there are many discussion about Speakers, but I cant fond one specifically related to the T6.1

Many thanks for your help, and photo's would be very useful.

Yes the standard head unit can be coded for four speakers using VCDS and some of the Pro systems but not all- we’ve had a couple that won’t. VCDS is still catching up With the T6.1.

Yes the standard head unit can be coded for four speakers using VCDS and some of the Pro systems but not all- we’ve had a couple that won’t. VCDS is still catching up With the T6.1.
Thanks, but I have to admit, none of that made any sense . Whats a VCDS?

To add rear speakers you will need to gain access to the rear of the head unit. You will need to remove 2 bits of dash trim and 4 clips in the unit itself.

To add rear speakers you will need to gain access to the rear of the head unit. You will need to remove 2 bits of dash trim and 4 clips in the unit itself.
Is that the same for a T6.1? The dash is completely different than T6.

Am I right in saying (please correct me if I’m wrong) adding rear speakers without coding would mean the rears will be the same volume as the fronts? Thanks

It is my understanding based on advice received that an additional Audison USS4 unit is required to integrate rear speakers with fade

Agreed, doesn’t look like something I would want to attempt on my brand new van!

Back