T6.1 - Adding rear Speakers

It is my understanding based on advice received that an additional Audison USS4 unit is required to integrate rear speakers with fade
Only need a USS4 if you are adding a inline amp , if running speakers straight from the headunit then just coding is required

Hi, just for info I went to vw commericial in Exeter and Bridgewater about adding speakers and fader to rear. I bought a plug and play from skipton audio so had rear speakers but no control of fader or balance. Vw commercial said that it was not possible to get fader. I ended up getting my t6 remapped and the installer asked if I needed anything else done while he was hooked up. I asked him about faders and balance and within seconds he had done it and no problem at all. Now kids have volume in the back of conversion and we have relative peace. I had the basic vw head unit. I guess that vw just couldn’t be bothered to get it in the workshop and they suggested a seriously expensive upgrade to the head unit.

Depends where you have added the speakers to and what head unit -Let em know and we can help

Depends where you have added the speakers to and what head unit -Let em know and we can help

hi I've got the Composition Colour headunit. I have pinned the speakers directly into the rear of the Headunit following one of the guides from on this forum. I also have access to vagcom.
any help would be appreciated,
thanks

can anybody shed any light on this? i dont have composition colour its actually a discover media unit. mib3 I've been told. rear speakers have been connected but dont work, had someone try have a look with vagcom with no success
any help thanks

I have the T6.1 system with sat nav and have fitted a sub under the passenger seat and can tell you from fitting this that the head unit connections are actually lower down in the dash behind the glovebox/centre console. The screen is just a screen with no connections except for the display

Hi there I’m trying to fit rear speakers to my 2020 t6.1 I’ve taken the screen out and the wires are not what I expected. How do I add the rear speaker wires any help would be great thanks

image.jpg

image.jpg

The control module/tuner/amp is behind the glovebox, but you need to remove the centre dash trim as well to gain access to the wiring, then it’s a standard quadlock plug

Can anyone tell what is needed to fit two rear speakers to a 6.1 with the Discover media head unit. I would like to put better speakers all round and fit two extra speakers up the back.
I have the van so no speakers at the back at the moment.
Don't want to fit Amp if I can help it.

We can supply all the parts you need , for rear speakers, and front upgrade, drop us a pm or call 01980 624740

Hi everyone

We've just got our T6.1 Shuttle S, but hadn't thought to check it had speakers in the back for the children. We have to blast the stereo from the front for them to hear.

We only require a budget solution, but how possible is it to install two speakers in the sides at the rear? We don't need top quality, but the ability to balance/fade so we can have it quieter in the front would be essential.

I can't really find any YouTube walk throughs and I'm sure it's beyond my abilities - so more than happy to find someone in North London if possible.

Any ideas gratefully received.

Does seem a bit nickel and dime of VW to have 8 seats, nice infotainment with CarPlay but no real ability to hear it in the back, (albeit I think the 2021 model now includes them as standard).

Thanks folks

Adam

I think from memory the grilles and positioning are there. You just need to fit the speakers and run the speaker wire. The head unit will need coding for the fader to work.

I think from memory the grilles and positioning are there. You just need to fit the speakers and run the speaker wire. The head unit will need coding for the fader to work.

Thanks for quick reply!
I'll need someone to fit them for me and can't imagine where the wire gets run let alone how to code the head unit!
Any tips in North London?!

We can do it if you fancy a day at the seaside :)

We supply a courtesy vehicle.

Back