T6.1 4Motion Camper-Conversion to carry dogs

Won't it be pitch black in the dog crate when the tailgate is shut?

He is a rescue dog, he is used to the dark ;)
Anyway, when the dog is not working, it is the best for him to rest in quiet place.
I will install cooling fans on one side of the crate to move some cold air from the cabin to the crate.

I scanned the interior of T6.1 furgon with Leica RTC360 laser scanner from two positions, interior and under the tailgate. Scans are 100% aligned and merged together. Original pointcloud is 6Gb with more than 220M points!!
I filtered and deleted some "noise" and reduced the model to 13M points (~200Mb) in order to upload it to Sketchfab.

If you are able, please consider making a small donation. PPL link is under my profile page on sketchfab.

Last edited:
I'm thinking about building a frame for cabinets, dog kennel and bench from extruded aluminium profiles. 30x30mm profiles are lightweight and strong.

extruded alu frame / plywood furniture
View attachment 75258View attachment 75259
View attachment 75260View attachment 75261
View attachment 75262View attachment 75263
Would It be possible to share the basis of this in a Sketchup compatible format ? :) Just ordered my new T6.1 and also want to make an aluminium extrusion build out. Thanks a lot :)

Lovely work. You can tell you've put a lot of work into the planning as the finish is excellent. It looks very European!

Hello,

Is it possible to convert the .LAS to a .STEP or .IGES?

Thanks a lot.
.LAS file is a pointcloud. This is not a 3D model.... you have to open it with Recap/Blender/Metashape and start to build polygons on pointcloud base if you want a 3D polygonal models (IGES, STEP...)

.LAS file is a pointcloud. This is not a 3D model.... you have to open it with Recap/Blender/Metashape and start to build polygons on pointcloud base if you want a 3D polygonal models (IGES, STEP...)
Thank you for the answer. How did you manage to machine the panels without 3D model?

Thank you for the answer. How did you manage to machine the panels without 3D model?
No need to build a polygonal 3D model for CNC cut. I just extracted some curves of van interier directly from the pointcloud (image01), measured the distances between the alu profiles (image02) and drew/closed the curves in Rhino3D.
You basically only need curves for CNC cut.

a01.jpga03.jpga02.jpga05.jpg

Can you convert the Rhino model to Step, please. Solidworks interprets the Rhinofile as a 6m wide lorry and the shape of the floor does not match your photographsImage2.jpg

Can you convert the Rhino model to Step, please. Solidworks interprets the Rhinofile as a 6m wide lorry and the shape of the floor does not match your photographsView attachment 136550
Here you go. t6-110t6forum-step.zip
I just want to point out that I used and made Rhino file only as a sketch, so dimension are not accurate. That's why I scanned the interior of T6.1 furgon with Leica RTC360 laser scanner. Use attached PointCloud (.las file) if you want better accuracy (0.5mm)!

So my van is finally coming in march. Can you enlighten me how you attached the alu profil to the wall? From my understanding something needs to be done to get it square as the van is tilted at this point ?

20201229_163812~2.jpg

So my van is finally coming in march. Can you enlighten me how you attached the alu profil to the wall? From my understanding something needs to be done to get it square as the van is tilted at this point ?
I drilled soem holes and inserted bolts with nuts.... M6 if I remember..
Be careful, because the window is not in level with the floor!
Firstly mount the horizonal alu profile (below the windows) and leave bolts loose. When you mount the vertical alu profiles (from floor profiles to horizonal profile below the window) it will turn horizontal (loose) profile 90' exactly. Now you can tighten the screws. No need to shim.

Back