T6.1 4Motion Camper-Conversion to carry dogs

dejansuc

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Work in progress...
Some pictures and thoughts about converting a brand new T6.1 furgon into campervan.

Starting with speakers replacement.
I bought ETON UG VW T6 F2.1 speakers upgrade, but as you can see from picture, Eton speakers diameter are way to big for T6.1.
Anyway... I will install Eton on the back side, once the furniture is finished... I decided to mount Hertz MPK 130.3 PRO System with woofers, tweeters and crossover.

Eton is too big.. :(
20200314_130155.jpg

Hertz with modified holder
20200404_103640.jpg20200405_114543.jpg20200405_132517.jpg

...and "work in progress" of extruded alu frame in 3D viewer
3Dview on sketchfab.com
Nice work, looks good. Just a thought on the extruded aluminium frame. Maybe you should introduce a break in the solid line between the rear door and the drivers seat?
If you had a rear end crash that long frame member 'might' get pushed straight forward into the space occupied by the drivers seat.
Just a thought.

Nice work, looks good. Just a thought on the extruded aluminium frame. Maybe you should introduce a break in the solid line between the rear door and the drivers seat?
If you had a rear end crash that long frame member 'might' get pushed straight forward into the space occupied by the drivers seat.
Just a thought.
Great suggestion!

Starting with speakers replacement.
I bought ETON UG VW T6 F2.1 speakers upgrade, but as you can see from picture, Eton speakers diameter are way to big for T6.1.
Anyway... I will install Eton on the back side, once the furniture is finished... I decided to mount Hertz MPK 130.3 PRO System with woofers, tweeters and crossover.

Eton is too big.. :(
View attachment 75136

Hertz with modified holder
View attachment 75137View attachment 75138View attachment 75139
Bugger.. I've just sat through a 20 min video in German on how to fit these speakers... I presumed the t6.1 door was the same as the t6... thank god I found your post!

Hi there,
I've recently finished a kitchen pod using 30 x 30 aluminum profiles, I used a company called KJN they cut them all to size so it saved me alot of time.
Then I used 5mm ply for the panels which I covered with DC Fix film from B&Q.
I'm pleased with how it turned out. I'm currently building a rear low level unit to match.

20201015_111938.jpg

I'm thinking about building a frame for cabinets, dog kennel and bench from extruded aluminium profiles. 30x30mm profiles are lightweight and strong.

extruded alu frame / plywood furniture
View attachment 75258View attachment 75259
View attachment 75260View attachment 75261
View attachment 75262View attachment 75263
Hey, did you produce these 3D models? If so what program did you use? I want to draw up some racking for my van to make it before the van comes but can’t find any good dimensions.

Hey, did you produce these 3D models? If so what program did you use? I want to draw up some racking for my van to make it before the van comes but can’t find any good dimensions.

I "found" a 3Dmodel of VW T6 somewhere on the internet. It was LWB version so I simply cut a mesh in 3D software and therefore the model is not 100% accurate. While working with ALU profiles this is not so important anyway.. I mostly work with Rhino3D because I can export files for CNC router easily.

When I start cutting the furniture I will scan the interior with a 3D scanner.

I "found" a 3Dmodel of VW T6 somewhere on the internet. It was LWB version so I simply cut a mesh in 3D software and therefore the model is not 100% accurate. While working with ALU profiles this is not so important anyway.. I mostly work with Rhino3D because I can export files for CNC router easily.

When I start cutting the furniture I will scan the interior with a 3D scanner.
Cool. I will keep searching. I use SketchUp pro For my furniture designs and can export components as svg files to cut on shaper origin. Hopefully I can find something that works with it or just wait til the van comes and get some proper measurements then.
Good luck with the project

Finished the aluminum construction on which I will mount ply panels.
There are two dog cages at the back of the van, one on top of the other. I just mount sandwich panels (3mm alu composite) to the lower cage and insulated it with 20mm foam on the other side to reduce vibration.

01.jpg02.jpg03.jpg
04.jpg05.jpg06.jpg

Back