Clayton wheels in black on standard Highline Kombi pure grey

Badger

T6 Pro
Greetings Folks,

Picked up my brand new van 'Greyham' last week and have completed some upgrades, insulation, sound deadening, carpet, additional seat brackets, storage box. I really love the drive on the standard 16 inch Claytons however I am not sure it goes with my pure grey solid paint and was hoping for some advice. I was looking at powder coating the silver Claytons to gloss black and also possibly the option of diamond cutting the outer edge of the wheels. Anyone have pictures of Claytons in black on a grey van? would be great to see what they look like on a pure grey Kombi. I am not into lowering springs and 20 inch alloys as I have heard the ride quality is compromised.

Any advice or pictures would be appreciated.

regards

Hi Roberts, thanks for the link, your van looks the nuts and the thread is epic! Well done, you are skilled and brave :oops: I love the idea of A/T tyres and with black Claytons they look amazing however I am concerned about road noise and general drive given the size of those bad boys. How do you rate the drive from standard Claytons with factory tyres? I suppose you haven't had a chance to drive it with the standard tyres? I just wanted to find out how black Claytons might look with my Pure grey. Attached a picture of Greyham below.

1605822800879.png

Cheers, thanks for the compliments. I had exactly the same thoughts. Going from 20's and raising the coilovers was a huge improvement.

I'm not just saying this but the downsizing and tyre choice has got to be one of the best things I've done so far. I went with the coopers over the BFG's for the road noise. It's a less aggressive tread pattern and I get normal average road noise. They do not sound or handle any different to the 20's. They just manage bumps and kerbs a lot better.

Thanks that is useful to know, Will have think about this, I just don't want get A/T tyres and then regret the drive which at the moment is really smooth.

I'm a stickler for how things drive. I wouldn't of kept them if I wasn't happy. You won't regret it.

Not driven standard. Size is 225/70/16. Not too dissimilar to standard just slightly larger.

Hi Roberts, thanks for the link, your van looks the nuts and the thread is epic! Well done, you are skilled and brave :oops: I love the idea of A/T tyres and with black Claytons they look amazing however I am concerned about road noise and general drive given the size of those bad boys. How do you rate the drive from standard Claytons with factory tyres? I suppose you haven't had a chance to drive it with the standard tyres? I just wanted to find out how black Claytons might look with my Pure grey. Attached a picture of Greyham below.

View attachment 92406
That’s a lovely colour, really lovely

Lovely thank you... would have loved chunkier tyres but didn't want to mess around with the stock ride. Quite pleased with the result...

Lovely thank you... would have loved chunkier tyres but didn't want to mess around with the stock ride. Quite pleased with the result...
You can change the wheels at any time if you ever decide to, but the colour of that van just works - it's great!

Anyone able to advice on chunkier tyre size for these 16 Clayton's once these Hankook's wear out? something that sticks out a bit more in line with the fender without spacers or rubbing against the arches on full lock?

Not yet @JOG. The forum is my playground matey

Not driven standard. Size is 225/70/16. Not too dissimilar to standard just slightly larger.
Hi, quick question. Have you had any issues with running a 225 section tyre on your 16" Clayton's. I've just ordered some 225/76/16 BFG's and then read max size for 6.5J rim is 215. Many thanks

Hi, quick question. Have you had any issues with running a 225 section tyre on your 16" Clayton's. I've just ordered some 225/76/16 BFG's and then read max size for 6.5J rim is 215. Many thanks

No problem at all.

Back