Swamper style roof box on Skyline Poptop

dave_b

VIP Member
T6 Guru
When I get my poptop fitted, I’d like to install a roof box on top of it, with rear ladder that would suit an expedition / swamper look.

Has anyone done anything similar and have recommendations? @The Van Cave Chris, have you done this with Skyline pop tops?

Not something I've done yet Dave, I'll have a chat with Skyline HQ to double check the roof load limit and see what suggestions they might have.

When I get my poptop fitted, I’d like to install a roof box on top of it, with rear ladder that would suit an expedition / swamper look.

Has anyone done anything similar and have recommendations? @The Van Cave Chris, have you done this with Skyline pop tops?
The Aurora has a load limit of 60kg Dave, so we just need to be careful exactly what goes up there. Also have to consider that you can't have much additional weight on the roof when it's open or the gas struts won't cope with it, so the contents of the box and maybe even the box itself would need to be removed before opening the roof.

@The Van Cave
Chris, I’m thinking along these lines

08DC9E0B-7876-4DB0-ADA1-B0CAB680E673.jpeg

Using one of these

It’s 24kg installed weight.

The storage box’s will be used for mountain bike stuff, so helmet, pads, clothes, a few tools and cleaning products, spare tyres. Nothing that will add up to a total of weight of over 60kg.

Storage box’s are 3kg each.

Then a ladder at the rear for the tailgate. (The rear spoiler will need to come off).

Like this

Bike carrier will be a tow hitch single rack.

Last edited:
Back