Suspension

Excellent thanks. Obviously you loose the extra travel you would have had on standard height but all good.

I mean someone mention that you could use some sort of clamps to lower the suspension, I reckon that is not a option...
I was checking the b14', that's exactly what I want but a bit price, found some for £ 949 supply and fit.

it is worth spending the extra £££ on B14's, I run the same wheels as you and have B14's dropped by 70mm, the ride is superb and it looks awesome,
good choice on the wheels by the way:thumbsup:

The B14s are so good it's made me realise how good a decent high priced suspension really is so I have got rid of my BC racing coilovers on my Prelude and got some custom made Meister R GT1.

The b14s have so much wheel control and finesse. No crashy ride like my old vmaxx.

The B14s are so good it's made me realise how good a decent high priced suspension really is so I have got rid of my BC racing coilovers on my Prelude and got some custom made Meister R GT1.

The b14s have so much wheel control and finesse. No crashy ride like my old vmaxx.

well said @RattyMcClelland , it pays in the long run to spend a bit more initially :)

Some of us spend £1600 on headlights, so circa £1200 on suspension is a no brained in my opinion. Had vmax on the T5, which weren't bad but will definitely fit the B14's when I finally get to lower her.

Mine is firmly staying stock height. I have owned such low vehicles in the past that whilst I appreciate how cool they look, actually having a stock height bus that I can drive across a field without bottoming out etc is so nice. I also love that I can sail through flood water etc.

Mine is firmly staying stock height. I have owned such low vehicles in the past that whilst I appreciate how cool they look, actually having a stock height bus that I can drive across a field without bottoming out etc is so nice. I also love that I can sail through flood water etc.
I agree 100%, the lowered vans do look good, but I don't want to loose functionality either.

Have to agree , my mini was lowered and I had to watch the sleeping policemen or I ground out. Been thinking about the van but if I do it will be a 30mm drop.

Had an SD1 6ltr odd Chevy lump, 4barrel carb with an offy inlet, tubular mani, quick shift Chevy box with a B&M slap stick shift and cherry bombs with drag strip rears and bubble arches with a bonnet scoop and slammed to the floor, would light up the rears and my face! Weren't any "sleeping policemen" when I gunned that beauty due to the cherry bombs! Humps and country roads had the armour plated sump producing sparks, and the steering getting light, but boy it was a sight!:smile bounce::waving::uh run:

Now I'll stay with stock height and get my kicks in other ways! :p:D:thumbsup::whistle::whistle::sleep::sleep:

Last edited:
Stock for me too albeit 20mm lower being an Exec

image.jpeg
image.jpeg image.jpeg My splitty and bay were low. Splitty had steering box guard fitted and was number 17 of steering box scrapers club!
Of course, she got lower!
And my bug is pretty low!

Was it a sticker fetish, or a cunning ploy for not having reversing sensors, and hiding all the damage!
Haha! No damage just that paint started peeling as the bumpers had been painted when I brought her and it just started peeling. Decided to sticker bomb to hold the paint on! She was originally a panel van. Although I do have a bad sticker fetish!

This might be a stupid question, but I'll ask anyway.

If I have a T32 and I don't plan to carry large loads in it, then do I need the T32 springs or coil overs?

I can't think why I would, all I would need to do would be notify a buyer when I sell it. As I'm thinking the B14 (but T30) set up is the way forward, I'll keep the T32 springs and shocks then put them in with the sale (whenever that might be).

Have I missed some LCV law?

Back