Sunglasses Holder

Gwyn

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hi
Just bought a new Highline T6 and there is no Specs holder above the drivers seat area, thought these were a standard issue ??
The dealer said that VW had stopped suppling them since the beginning of the year
Anybody got a 2019 model who can tell me otherwise

TIA fullsizeoutput_10ee.jpeg

Not that this will make you feel any better, but that's a very handy place I put my garage remote, and i'd (or the actual remote) would be lost without it.

We have a grab handle on both sides as the glasses holder is in the middle on the Cali.

Id prefer the Cali setup, my sun glasses holder is useless my standard sized Oakley glasses won't fit inside and the bloody thing creaks as I'm driving.

Yes hasn’t been there for a while. Easy to retrofit though. Another cost saving from VW

Last edited by a moderator:
I've got a 2019 T6 Highline Kombi and mine hasn’t got a sunglasses holder either, my highline T5 did, miss it

Are the captive nuts still in position so you can retrofit

I've got a pair fitted, one for each side :rolleyes:

Are the captive nuts still in position so you can retrofit

I've got a pair fitted, one for each side :rolleyes:
Yes I believe the holes are there on all vans, you do need a mounting plate that bolts to the van body then the glasses holder/handle screws to the mount plate

Has anybody got the part no required so I get one ordered
Cannot leave the space bare
Thanks

Until a passenger uses the holder to lift themselves into the van :eek:
You have to thrash your passengers and teach them to use the grab rail on the A pillar.

I said to the wife, remember I spent all this money lowering the van so she could get in easier, good job she doesn't know what an arb is :D

Is it possible to easily retrofit a sunglasses holder?
My 2019 Kombi has neither a grab handle or a sunglasses holder.
Are there fixing points behind the head lining?

Be a "nice have" if it's an easy fix but I don't want to get involved with removing head linings.

Any help/knowledge appreciated.

Thanks,

Louis.

@Gwyn may know whether there are captive nuts already present, as he asked a similar question a few months back. If that’s the case, you’ll just need the spectacles holder and a metal mounting bracket

I think the head lining needs come out for the bracket to mount the sun glasses holder onto first !
I could be wrong ??

I think the head lining needs come out for the bracket to mount the sun glasses holder onto first !
I could be wrong ??

The front part of the headliner needs to come out to fit the brackets behind. I thinks all the bodies will have the fixings/holes ready for them.

Brackets are riveted on, assume holes are in the body though :thumbsup:

@Gwyn may know whether there are captive nuts already present, as he asked a similar question a few months back. If that’s the case, you’ll just need the spectacles holder and a metal mounting bracket
Sorry I’m still non the wiser
Van has now gone in for conversion , have asked converter to get one (he did say it’s only a 2 min job )

Back