Infotainment software update failure

Rayza

Hi All,
yesterday I took my 2020 T6.1 in for a software upgrade, at a VW main dealer due to the intermittent "Initialising" issue, having bought the van from an independent.
After approx 4hrs the system crashed, leaving me without anything, just a message "Engineering" on the screen.
Whilst the independent has agreed to pay for the upgrade (£600ish) the main dealer has tried to contact VW UK to see if they will agree to pay the balance, as yet no reply. In fairness to the main dealer they agreed that they were just following instructions and it was the upgrade that caused the total failure.
Given that Infotainment centres have been giving trouble since they were first fitted in 2019, has anyone got any idea what I should now do, given that my gut is telling me VW UK will wash their hand of it.
TIA
Rayza

Can you take the £600 and put towards an aftermarket HU?
That maybe what will happen, but its up to the independent that I bought it from. Alternatively they may take one from a new van which they have, and put an aftermarket in that. Do you know if any aftermarket units have all the functionality and are a direct replacement?

Back