Posted by Pauly
Brook Meadow
Friday, 17 July, 2020 - 09:00
Until: Sunday, 19 July, 2020 - 17:00
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates
So today Boris has reduced the 2 metre rule and allowed pubs and campsites to open. Not sure what that means at the mo, hopefully the campsites will be given some sensible guidance to allow them to operate safely whilst getting the camping/ caravanning/ campervan communities back. We wait to see!

I believe the company stance is "No groups & Self contained units only' so onboard toilets and showers.
I'm heading that way soon so will call in, in person, and see if I can use my Lordly charm.

We are up for this as it’s my birthday on the 17th July so we will bring our self contained wobble box :whistle:

So today Boris has reduced the 2 metre rule and allowed pubs and campsites to open. Not sure what that means at the mo, hopefully the campsites will be given some sensible guidance to allow them to operate safely whilst getting the camping/ caravanning/ campervan communities back. We wait to see!

@Lord Mfwic is correct.

To confirm, all the sites I use for meets and others i've contacted over the last few weeks and yesterday are sticking by the same rules.
No group bookings. No tents. No congregating around other units. All bookings are only for fully contained Caravans, Motorhomes or Campers that have onboard toilets and shower facilities. Basically it means that the smaller private sites across the board are not opening toilet blocks and therefor if you cannot use the loo or shower in your unit, then they won't allow you to make a booking.

Here is an email from Lower Lacon Caravan park if you are looking for a new location

Hi Chris

Thank you for your message. Not sure if you wanted to book just for you or the group, so this is the group info and we have space at this point.

At this point we haven’t been told if we will need to do anything more than the standard social distancing measures already in place. So, we are still taking group bookings, the rules may change a little. But with the fire regulations already stipulating safety distances we don’t perceive this to be a problem.

Ideally, could you forward this email on to the other members of the group for them to complete and return. So that I can give the best pitches for your group needs and prices.

Please read the information below and if you would still like to make a provisional booking, complete the form and return. So that I can give you the best pitch for your needs and a price.

We are opening from the 15th of July. You can make a provisional booking now and pay for it when at reopening, you can call to make payment, or we could call you.

We would like payment within the first fortnight of reopening or 48 hours before booking if sooner.

Although with the government’s recent announcement said that we will be able to open from the 4th of July as full guidance has been released as yet. Our health and safety consultants cannot provide us with a risk assessment needed until this guidance is released. So we are going to be reopening on the 15th of July. We are told this guidance will be in the coming days or weeks. We just need to be a 100% sure we can work safely before a full reopening.

This also means there may be some services like toilet and shower blocks, play parks, bars etc. that are limited and possibly closed at times. Other services like the swimming pool may be closed or very limited, until we’re given guidance about what we can open, we just can't be sure. So campers will still be able to bring a small wash/toilet tent and portable loo to put by your tent or caravan if needed though.

To make a booking, we will need to know this information.

Copy this into your email reply and complete

For each pitch
/ family. Group bookings see below*

1, Party leaders, Mr, Mrs, etc. name and address including postcode or customer number

2, Mobile telephone number and Ideally home number as well

3, Email

4, Car registration/registrations. Commercial vehicles see below**

5, Holiday dates (Arrival after 1pm & departure before 12noon)

6, Number in party (Adults, Children & Pets)

7, Unit type (Caravan, Motorhome, Tent, etc)

8, Unit size (Length & Width) including awning, gazebo & guy ropes, etc

9, Pitch type (Gravel Super Pitches, Grass, Hard Standing or pick an area on the caravan park e.g. Reds, Oranges, Purples, etc)

10, Electric (Yes or No)

11, And finally any special requests, (near to: - playpark, dog walk, toilets, etc)

As we have limited staff, we are mainly working 10am to 4pm daily, this does mean it may take a day or two to reply. Please bear with us.

Hope to hear from you soon.

*Group Bookings are available but be advised you must tell us when booking if you want to be together. Groups of 5 units or more will need a designated leader to vouch for the group and guarantee the general behaviour of the group as a whole; they will need to pay an additional deposit of £50 (payable at reopening).

This allows your group to book individually, as it’s always best to communicate with each individual customer. It also guarantees that we will not split up the group so we can fit a group together. Please forward this email to all group members, to allow them to complete and return to info@llcp.co.uk.

This is particularly important with the current situation as we may be required to only use every other pitch or limit numbers in an area, when the rules are given to us by the government. So will possibly need to move bookings around a lot more than normal.

**We do not allow commercial vehicles if you need clarification please email a picture of the vehicle to info@llcp.co.uk.

Kind Regards
Robert

Lower Lacon Caravan Park
Soulton Road
Wem
Shropshire
SY4 5RP
info@llcp.co.uk

Right ladies and gents, firstly apologies @Eli1264 i've been in communication with a different site over the last 24hrs and now sorted the weekend, but appreciate your efforts mate.

I have managed to secure a large section of a field in this place Brook Meadow Lakeside farm holiday campsite LE16 9UJ
It's a stunning site with access to both a toilet block and shower facilities, which I think are pretty new.
Yes, we are still in Leicestershire and I can only apologise we couldn't get our usual Rutland site due to their restrictions. Also, apologies that it's taken so long to get confirmation, but the sites have only just got the latest government advice.

What the site needs from me asap is numbers. They have stopped all bookings for that specific weekend to allow me to get numbers sorted.
I'm sure those that miss this thread for a few days will be fine to let me know when you can, but if I can get an idea on the numbers initially, this will be very helpful for the site.

As per last years weekend I organised, Caravans and Motorhomes are welcome, but we will pitch them outside the VW circle. Yes, my T6 will be there this year, but as my Motorhome is actually stored at this site, I will be pitching it away from us for the purposes of actually sleeping in. I know this was controversial last year, but it is my only means of staying the weekend, plus it's my gig and I make up the rules :whistle:
On that note, there are some T5 and T6.1 guys that have asked if they can come too, which I don't have an issue with, so please bare this in mind before you confirm.
As with all my meets, it's imperative that we pitch in a way that includes everyone. I do not want a situation where people are left out because they were shoved elsewhere, or pitched away from the main group. Some people are not as pushy as most of us, and i'd hate to think people got left out because they didn't want to impose themselves.

That said, last year was bloody awesome and this year should be even better due to what we've all just had to go through and how much we all deserve a good bash.

Let the confirmations commence.

Paul

Below are the usual suspects, I will keep adding as I search out who showed interest or came last year, apologies if your name isn't on this list, but feel free to stick up your hand.
@Tourershine Y
@andythom188 ??
@CALLAKN Y
@ROMANY TAMPIN Y
@Skyliner33 Y
@Jollyvan Y
@Dellmassive Y
@T6180 Y
@Deaky Y
@Lord Mfwic Y
@cgtmiles ??
@Blitz Y
@BoroBoy Y
@VDubnewby666 Y
@Sabre Y
@Mick Y
@Spaghetti Y
@RichDavies82 Y Plus another T5
@moomin-j Y
@VanDamMan Y
@Briston Y
@Sammy Y
@Kramsdog Y
@Gaz1971 Y
@garyp1969 Y
@RedUn Y
@Pete C Y

Last edited:
Below are the usual suspects, I will keep adding as I search out who showed interest or came last year, apologies if your name isn't on this list, but feel free to stick up your hand.
@Tourershine Y
@ROMANY TAMPIN
@Skyliner33 Y
@Nacho.Nigel
@Jollyvan
@Martinf
@Dellmassive Y
@Peatey
@T6180
@Stay Frosty
@Volkywagen
@Dannyb6467
@Bear
@Deaky
@Ed Webb
@DaveyB
@Loz
@Pauly
@Insert Coin
@Hickey
@Lord Mfwic
@cgtmiles
@Blitz Y
@BoroBoy Y
@Fish
@VDubnewby666
@Sabre Y
@Mick Y
@Spaghetti Y
@RichDavies82 Y
+1 for me too

Hi @Tourershine ......I’ve a dilemma we had booked same W/e elsewhere that is due to open 4 July but no tents And Only what I call rigid vans ( hoping rules might change with some sites stricter than others)
I don’t really want to commit to yours and let someone down either way...but should things all go wrong ...what is the very latest notice you would allow....fully understand that you may have limited numbers.

Hi @Tourershine ......I’ve a dilemma we had booked same W/e elsewhere that is due to open 4 July but no tents And Only what I call rigid vans ( hoping rules might change with some sites stricter than others)
I don’t really want to commit to yours and let someone down either way...but should things all go wrong ...what is the very latest notice you would allow....fully understand that you may have limited numbers.

I can put you down and if you cancel, I'm sure someone else will slip into your slot.

Back