Posted by Pauly
Brook Meadow
Friday, 17 July, 2020 - 09:00
Until: Sunday, 19 July, 2020 - 17:00
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates
I guess the issue is that not everyone is sensible, we have all been to a public toilet or even campsite toilet block and found that someone has left it in an appalling state and it’s those people they have to allow for I guess.

Having said that, I sincerely hope this is one sites approach to handling opening with covid and not a standard approach!

If I use only 5mins in the shower can I sell back the other 10? ;)

I guess the issue is that not everyone is sensible, we have all been to a public toilet or even campsite toilet block and found that someone has left it in an appalling state and it’s those people they have to allow for I guess.

Having said that, I sincerely hope this is one sites approach to handling opening with covid and not a standard approach!

If I use only 5mins in the shower can I sell back the other 10? ;)

That's where the toilet staff have their work cut out, but it wouldn't be any worse than they are already used to, plus with allocated times you'd soon see who was making the mess and pull them up on it.

id be up for an hour stint helping out the cleaning staff. We've all been quarantined for 12 weeks or so and I presume none of us has had the so-called virulent virus that will kill us all in a heartbeat...

So you'd have to plan your day and activities around what time slot you were allocated? The worlds gone mad :(
Thank for showing that would work - if you need to shower. Most people going away for a light weekend camping could make do... or use 'bath wipes'...

Toilets are riskier but if you make it pay per use, or attempt some self regulation - provide cleaning equipment and everybody is responsible for cleaning and wiping down before and after they use the 'big boys' toilets then that may work... Assuming that everybody is sensible and respectful...

Toilets are no more risk than breathing around others, just dont lick the toilet seat!
Use a wipe instead, and wash your hands...
I was more thinking if you are an unknowing 'covid carrier' and have coughed into your hands and then touched stuff...

But hey ho. I know that I would be cleaning everything before I use - happy to afterwards as well if thems the rules (or i have made a mess) and then take a bleach shower...

Screenshot_20200610-184045.png
UK population as of 2011 - 63,182,000
Percentage of confirmed cases = ??

Statistically, in the UK you're more likely to have a heart attack, or a fatal car crash!
Better stay home and sell the van.

Was worried about how to cope with bringing the kids but now looks impossible for us to attend. See Busfest is still on but in reality will this be cancelled too :rolleyes:

View attachment 73489
UK population as of 2011 - 63,182,000
Percentage of confirmed cases = ??

Statistically, in the UK you're more likely to have a heart attack, or a fatal car crash!
Better stay home and sell the van.
Kids are more likely to be hit by lightening!
(Unfortunately during the storm the other night my wife made me let them back in the house! ;) )

Hi @Tourershine ...morning...been waiting to see if any forum events are going ahead ( we re-booked for St Just same W/E ) so that too could be in doubt...you mentioned no tents ( rules are rules ) does that apply to awnings/sun canopy/toilet shelter , this may be odd thing to ask as clarity is need but unless your in the know it’s all up in the air....we like most people have put in place steps to ensure that we can be self sufficient ..even thinking about showers, invested in the giant bath wipes as a temp measure....so if you via any of your contacts do see things changing soon ( or as they do ) would you pass it on to all ( sorry that goes without saying ) we are all at present in same boat ( van ) Confused

Sorry mate, I missed you asking this yesterday.
I'm assuming the no tent rule is on the basis that tents are more likely to have no integrated facilities. I know tents can now be pretty self sufficient, but I think it's a blanket rule on the basis that only a small percentage of tenters will have everything needed and if they let on just those, the others would kick off, so a blanket ban is probably the easiest way forward for sites.

I don't know if all these rules apply to all sites or even where the government is getting their advice on the site setups. I cannot imagine it will be from an industry expert simply because they closure of chemical toilet facilities pretty much rules out any Caravan, Motorhome or Camper for more than a couple of days holiday on the basis that our inbuilt toilets need to be emptied pretty much on a daily basis. Also, not all Caravans and Motorhomes have inbuilt water tanks, in fact it's not actually common practice for manufactures to include internal water tanks on most Caravans, and I don't know of any Caravans that have Grey waste tanks built in. This is all done externally with Aquarolls and Wastemasters, which both hold 40-50 litres.
It would be insane to close any kind of water filling or emptying and if this was the case, sites just wouldn't be able to function, and the opening of sites would quickly fail once people realise these rules.

I guess we will just have to wait and see what restrictions are put in place, how sites manage the restrictions and how they manage the liability aspect. Imagine if there was an outbreak that led back to a camp site, and this site was part of one of the bigger companies. The media would be all over it. These are the considerations that site owners and managers will need to consider once they get clarity on the new rules.

Edit:
I've just been doing a bit of digging around some of the big site providers websites and some do conflict each other on what will be open and what won't, which I guess basically means none of them actually know for sure, which leads me to believe that if the major players in the camping industry don't actually know any of the new rules yet, that Rutland are taking the initiative and implementing their own rules which although seem strict, cover pretty much any problems. Bare in mind that the Rutland site is huge and is pretty much several fields with none of the luxury facilities seen on other sites.

Here are some of what the bigger players are saying currently:

Last edited:
Some sites are re-opening with toilet facilities, some without. I wish there was some clarification, guidelines are only advisory, we need to some something in black and white without any ambiguity.

Some sites are re-opening with toilet facilities, some without. I wish there was some clarification, guidelines are only advisory, we need to some something in black and white without any ambiguity.

I spoke to a site the other side of Leicestershire today where I store my Motorhome and they said the only information they have is what the public have, and they don't get any advice in advance, which they agreed was madness.

Going on previous relaxation stages, I doubt anyone knows the exact in's and out's until it's announced that day to the rest of the UK, hence why some sectors haven't been quite ready.

I spoke to a site the other side of Leicestershire today where I store my Motorhome and they said the only information they have is what the public have, and they don't get any advice in advance, which they agreed was madness.

Going on previous relaxation stages, I doubt anyone knows the exact in's and out's until it's announced that day to the rest of the UK, hence why some sectors haven't been quite ready.

There's a big update today - Reopening our campsites

Most, if not all of our common areas will be open with social distancing measures in place. This could include toilet blocks, laundry, information rooms, water and waste points.

With facilities open, this is a deal changer if others follow suit :)

I suppose we won't find out anything solid until July, but the daily figures look very promising and everyone in my industry is gagging to get going.

I think the fact that C+MC have made this announcement will mean that others will soon follow, I'm desperate to get my wobble box out of storage and have a tinker.

I'll be up for this if it goes ahead

I pulled the plug on this meet for 2020 on the basis that the site will only allow units that are self contained with shower and toilet included into your Camper, which obviously isn't realistic on most Campers.

On the same note, I have tried several other sites to try and move the meet to a different location, but every site I contacted wasn't allowing groups to make large bookings.

Back