All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Dellmassive

T32 204 DSG LWB SLN PV MY18 & T30 SWB KMB MY67
VCDS User
VIP Member
T6 Master
Summer Weekend T6F Meet 17th-19th July 2020

* UPDATE * June 24th 2020 - Booking confirmed.

Revised location:

see here for start of new details:

Right ladies and gents,

I have managed to secure a large section of a field in this place Brook Meadow Lakeside farm holiday campsite LE16 9UJ
It's a stunning site with access to both a toilet block and shower facilities, which I think are pretty new.
Yes, we are still in Leicestershire and I can only apologise we couldn't get our usual Rutland site due to their restrictions. Also, apologies that it's taken so long to get confirmation, but the sites have only just got the latest government advice.

What the site needs from me asap is numbers. They have stopped all bookings for that specific weekend to allow me to get numbers sorted.
I'm sure those that miss this thread for a few days will be fine to let me know when you can, but if I can get an idea on the numbers initially, this will be very helpful for the site.

As per last years weekend I organised, Caravans and Motorhomes are welcome, but we will pitch them outside the VW circle. Yes, my T6 will be there this year, but as my Motorhome is actually stored at this site, I will be pitching it away from us for the purposes of actually sleeping in. I know this was controversial last year, but it is my only means of staying the weekend, plus it's my gig and I make up the rules :whistle:
On that note, there are some T5 and T6.1 guys that have asked if they can come too, which I don't have an issue with, so please bare this in mind before you confirm.
As with all my meets, it's imperative that we pitch in a way that includes everyone. I do not want a situation where people are left out because they were shoved elsewhere, or pitched away from the main group. Some people are not as pushy as most of us, and i'd hate to think people got left out because they didn't want to impose themselves.

That said, last year was bloody awesome and this year should be even better due to what we've all just had to go through and how much we all deserve a good bash.

Let the confirmations commence.

Paul

1593022566286.png

1593022650369.png

1593022687758.png

Site layout....

IMG-20200711-WA0012.jpg

confirmed attendance list:

@Dellmassive thurs,fri,sat,sun
@Tourershine Thursday - Sunday. 3 nights
@Lord Mfwic Thursday - Sunday. 3 nights
@moomin-j fri-sun
@CALLAKN
@garyp1969
@Jollyvan
@Sabre fri-sun
@Spaghetti fri-sun
@Mick thur-sun
@BoroBoy fri-sun
@Deaky
@VanDamMan Thursday - Sunday. 3 nights
@RichDavies82 Thursday - Sunday. 3 nights
@RichDavies82 - (Plus another T5 ) fri-sun
@Blitz fri-sun
@T6180
@Skyliner33
@ROMANY TAMPIN
@Eli1264
@RedUn fri-sun
@Pete C fri-sun
@VDubnewby666 fri-sun
@Briston
@Gaz1971
@Kramsdog
@Sammy Thursday - Sunday. 3 nights
@cgtmiles
@andythom188
@Nacho.Nigel

VIDEO NOW LIVE:

old venue details below:

Summer Weekend T6F Meet 17th-19th July 2020 - Lyndon Top Caravan Site - Le15 8rn

details from @Tourershine so far:

Location. Lyndon top Caravan site. LE15 8RN
Welcome to Lyndon Top Caravan Park
Come and enjoy 112 acres of peace and tranquility running directly to the shores of one of Europeʼs largest and most beautiful man made lakes

Dates: 17-18-19 july 2020 (fri,sat,sun)

Start/finish time. Arrival/finish anytime when suits.

Accommodation options. Van, tent, motorhome or Caravan (grass fields)

EHU: No

Toilet block: Yes

Chem disposal: Yes

Showers/Hot water/washup area: No

Onsite shop: No, but there are 2 stunning towns within 10 mins.

Fire pit: Yes allowed. Hell yes (raised or grass protected)

"There is often these things arranged and people that are not in campers tend not to attend which seems nuts to me because we all own VWs. So as I've arranged it, I want it to be open to everyone so more people will come."

36 Reviews of Lyndon Top Caravan Park , Oakham, Rutland Campsite. Review score 9/10

Site details are as follows:

Lyndon Rd, Oakham LE15 8RN

They have agreed to keep it fairly relaxed for us. No need to call or book, just turn up, pay for how ever many days you wish, and enjoy.

They will give us a large enough part of a field to enable us to pitch in a big circle, (so everyone feels part of this, and we don't end up with people miles away at the other end of a long row) with the fire pit in the middle etc. We will just have to see the final count nearer the time to judge the room we need for everyone.

link to last years event - Summer Weekend T6f Meet 19th-21st July 2019 - Lyndon Top Caravan Site - Le15 8rn

Last edited:
You are on fire with this one @Dellmassive :thumbsup:

Yes, as Lee has just put above, it's been requested that we get firm dates in for next years Rutland weekend so not to conflict with any other meets. We contemplated moving the venue to another location with more facilities, but it was agreed that Rutland is totally sufficient and the lack of hook ups made no difference to all that stayed this year, so Rutland it is.

The 2019 meet was a fantastic success for a first attempt, and saw I think 21 members in the end, with almost all of them staying the whole weekend. We still have a very active WhatsApp group that I will just keep running and add any members that plan on joining the 2020 meet.

As per the same as this year, it's a relaxed affair and everyone is welcome, be that a day visit, or the whole weekend. I think all those that attended this years meet will agree, it was rather a good laugh with a large fire pit at night, and our resident DJ 'Leesmassive' on the 1s and 2s.

A throughly good weekend that I hope to get even bigger for 2020, so get the dates booked in your diary.

PS, my T6 will be making a guest appearance this time, and no big White bus blighting the photos anymore.

Really looking forward to Rutland 2.
Shame the big white bus won’t be in attendance as I rather enjoyed the Gun & Tonic on your veranda.
Like @Tourershine said. The 2019 event was a great success and everyone had a good time, so if you’re thinking of dipping your toe into a forum meet then this is certainly a good place to start.
I might arrive on the Wednesday to give me enough time to get my awning up and straight.

I’ll get my dancing shoes ready.

Not sure I could handle more than 12 hours without a shower, I could drag the new caravan up there I suppose... :cool:

I'm in, what's the booking arrangements?

Show your interest here, on this thread.

confirm attendance a month or so before with @Tourershine so your slot can be booked. (we need to know total rough numbers to get the correct field/area on site)

Pay on arrival as per below.

Summer Weekend T6F Meet 17th-19th July 2020 - Lyndon Top Caravan Site - Le15 8rn

details from @Tourershine so far:

Location. Lyndon top Caravan site. LE15 8RN
Come and enjoy 112 acres of peace and tranquility running directly to the shores of one of Europeʼs largest and most beautiful man made lakes

Dates: 17-18-19 july 2020 (fri,sat,sun)

Start/finish time. Arrival/finish anytime when suits.

Accommodation options. Van, tent, motorhome or Caravan (grass fields)

EHU: No

Toilet block: Yes

Chem disposal: Yes

Showers/Hot water/washup area: No

Onsite shop: No, but there are 2 stunning towns within 10 mins.

Fire pit: Yes allowed. Hell yes (raised or grass protected)

"There is often these things arranged and people that are not in campers tend not to attend which seems nuts to me because we all own VWs. So as I've arranged it, I want it to be open to everyone so more people will come."

36 Reviews of Lyndon Top Caravan Park , Oakham, Rutland Campsite. Review score 9/10

Site details are as follows:

Lyndon Rd, Oakham LE15 8RN

They have agreed to keep it fairly relaxed for us. No need to call or book, just turn up, pay for how ever many days you wish, and enjoy.

They will give us a large enough part of a field to enable us to pitch in a big circle, (so everyone feels part of this, and we don't end up with people miles away at the other end of a long row) with the fire pit in the middle etc. We will just have to see the final count nearer the time to judge the room we need for everyone.

link to last years event - Summer Weekend T6f Meet 19th-21st July 2019 - Lyndon Top Caravan Site - Le15 8rn

Back