CXHA DSG engine does not start 2019

sorcos

VIP Member
HI,
Today my Lady had a problem starting the engine.
She left the company parking lot, drove up to the security barrier and turned off the engine. She left the keys in the ignition, opened the door and went to the security counter to return the keys from the office. At that time, the door was open (women!!!!) and the engine was turned off, the key remained in the ignition. When she came back, she couldn't start the engine. She tried to reset it by locking and unlocking the door with the key and alternately with the remote control.
The orange glow plug system active or fault in engine management system light was constantly flashing on the dashord.
After 20 minutes I arrived with a second set of keys. When I tried to start it with a new key, the light was still on and the starter did not turn. However, I moved the lever in the automatic transmission to a different position several times and tried to change the gear several times. Only after the 3-4th time it was possible to start the engine with a new (spare) key.
Can you tell me what was the cause of the problems with starting? My suspicion is that the immobilizer worked properly and did not allow the engine to start because the doors were open for a long time and the keys were left in the ignition.
How to avoid this type of problem in the future, how to reset it. I will not always have easy access to a spare key.
Please help.

Not sure on this one,

Closing the doors, setting to park or neutral, and locking the van should clear any issues and enable the van to start.

Keep an eye on things for a repeat issue.

Possibly a faulty clutch switch but seems unlikely

A scan for error codes may shed some light on it. Either try to find someone willing to meet up with one or invest in a Carista or OBDeleven (other makes are available but those seem to be the more popular budget ones on here). The flashing coil light is an indicator for many different problems.

Do you have the factory immobiliser or a third party one?

If you apparently cleared it with the gear selector then possibly the interlock switch that prevents starting in D or R is failing?

Do you have the factory immobiliser or a third party one?

If you apparently cleared it with the gear selector then possibly the interlock switch that prevents starting in D or R is failing?
I have a factory immobilizer, but I noticed that sometimes it shows me on the dashboard that I should switch to position P even though this position is set,
I feel that the DSG gear lever does not work all the way properly, it works smoothly, there are no noticeable stops/stops/locks when switching to other positions, e.g. D or S.
Where can I find this switch (lock switch?) and where is it OEM?

A scan for error codes may shed some light on it. Either try to find someone willing to meet up with one or invest in a Carista or OBDeleven (other makes are available but those seem to be the more popular budget ones on here). The flashing coil light is an indicator for many different problems.
I have VCDS and a report prepared after yesterday's action.
There is so much of it that I have no idea where to look for it.
I deleted them all and am waiting to see if it reappears, although I see that some of them are still red. The van is currently operating properly.
If you have time and want to help me, I can send you my report and maybe you will tell me something about locating the fault.

I have a factory immobilizer, but I noticed that sometimes it shows me on the dashboard that I should switch to position P even though this position is set,
I feel that the DSG gear lever does not work all the way properly, it works smoothly, there are no noticeable stops/stops/locks when switching to other positions, e.g. D or S.
Where can I find this switch (lock switch?) and where is it OEM?
A message like the one in this thread?

I think this is a dealer job, I'm not sure if the switch is a replaceable part, though maybe @Pauly might have a parts diagram?

If you've been having issues already that would be my prime suspect for not starting.

There are a number of members used to reading VCDS reports - feel free to post it and then they can jump in if they have time.

Please post the full unedited VCDS scan with all the fault codes (feel free to delete your VIN)

I moved the lever in the automatic transmission to a different position several times and tried to change the gear several times. Only after the 3-4th time it was possible to start the engine with a new (spare) key.
This should not be possible, you can only remove the ignition key once the lever is in the P position and the lever should be locked in the P position until the engine is running again

What was the code in word 01 causing the glow plug light to flash? Did it crank over at all? If so, fuel pressure sensor could cause non start. Changed lots, but it will crank, just not fire.
Could be starter motor or anything to do with terminal 50 trigger I.e. control relay or its associated wiring, DSG selector issue or even simply not turning the key far enough if the steering lock was stiff due to being on a slight lock (have to ease pressure on wheel to release the lock).
Without the data and sometimes actually being there, we can all only guess.
Low battery voltage, or more importantly low usable charge, high internal resistance. Lots of info in the battery date module accessed either by word 61 older vans or word 19 measured value blocks which hides great information.
Most vans I see have a usable battery charge of between 10 and 30Ah but the battery (if it’s 000 915 105 FC) is rated at 70Ah. It will start the van, but don’t listen to the radio on meal break without the engine running or you may need a jump start later in the day.

Back