Dodgy stop start and tickover!

That made me laugh........there are plenty who wouldn't trust VW!!
Ahem; my 2012 180 4motion Cali we had for three years and 22750 miles, bought new was a the dealers at least 15 times, once for 11 weeks.

Replaced;
Rear diff
Steering column
Water gauges
Control panel
3 EGR valves
ECU
Roof corrosion twice
Leaky side window

And more...

Took a big leap of faith to drop another £50k on a VW van.

My stop start seems almost random. And the fan/DPF regen likes to go mad at rather inconvenient times; like in Portgual when it was 39 degrees. It really heats up the floor; just what we needed!!

And the fan/DPF regen likes to go mad at rather inconvenient times; like in Portgual when it was 39 degrees. It really heats up the floor; just what we needed!!
Drive it hard every now and then and shouldn't need to do it.

As I have said before only the Dub knows when to kick in or not. You will never be able to fully gauge when where it will kick in.

Bingo......I know why my idle speed is high and the stop start doesn't stop and start! The aircon is kicking in because the ventilation was set to windscreen.....this, in certain circumstances, causes the aircon to kick in. Just to really make life interesting, the aircon light stays off! Who knew?????? I wondered why my nose was turning blue and (both) my teeth were chattering:cool:! Strange really........but now I know what's going on, I feel a lot better. Trip to dealer cancelled!
Buggirl...........maybe I DO need to trust my dub!:)

(Ps I have more than two teeth really!)

Bingo......I know why my idle speed is high and the stop start doesn't stop and start! The aircon is kicking in because the ventilation was set to windscreen.....this, in certain circumstances, causes the aircon to kick in. Just to really make life interesting, the aircon light stays off! Who knew?????? I wondered why my nose was turning blue and (both) my teeth were chattering:cool:! Strange really........but now I know what's going on, I feel a lot better. Trip to dealer cancelled!
Buggirl...........maybe I DO need to trust my dub!:)

(Ps I have more than two teeth really!)
Glad you got it sorted! X

Back