STOLEN T6 !!!!!!!!!!!

My van wasn’t at home, if it was they would’ve past mine to get to his! Might need to think about abit more than a steering lock on mine

Do you know how they stole it; did they get hold of the keys, did the van have any additional security, any cctv?

Yep broke into house got keys for van and car. Car fitted with ghost van not CCTV but faces covered. Three lads on cctv 3 weeks ago walked into Cul d sac on camera, they knew not to drive in so they knew what they were doing. He was only gonna do another couple of years at the joinery then convert the van, he bought it brand new.

I feel sorry for him, what a shame he didn't have a ghost on the Van as well.
Does the CCTV show them failing to start the car?

Reg added to the topic title so it gets indexed on google better.

I feel sorry for him, what a shame he didn't have a ghost on the Van as well.
Does the CCTV show them failing to start the car?

Reg added to the topic title so it gets indexed on google better.
Thanks for that. Yeah it did, big thumbs up for the ghost immobiliser I reckon.

Reactions: Loz
What was the reason you had it remove
It was on the van when I had it, didn't suit the wife mainly, she got stuck down the shops at night once with my daughter and I had to go down and it just wouldn't reset, then I was constantly forgetting to put the code in so got the app but my wife was just nervous going out in it in case she got stuck again.

Great idea and does its job but there was just always a niggle in my mind about it.

Last resort was going to get a fob but that really does defeat the object so just had it out.

View attachment 6264
BG66MTJ

My FANTASTIC mint T6 Mojave beige STOLEN on Monday 21 st March from my own drive way in the middle of the day !

I hope the pair of scroats that stole it die of a slow & painful death !!!! hopefully there is enough CCTV footage of them to put them away!
The picture was taken the day I took delivery of it just before Christmas the first new vehicle I have owned, the photo is the only one I have of the rear of the van showing the solid tailgate with spoiler.
It had just covered 1900 miles and was a super vehicle, all I expected and more !
Any sightings of the van since the time it was stolen would be welcome, not your regular colour for a van so it may have caught someones eye ?
Another really galling issue is that I had a pair of red leather classic MG seats stored in the back of the van that I had just had refaced in Red leather ready to fit in my car !
I wonder if they will turn up ?? unique and finished to my design so I will recognise them when if I see them ! but I guess the scum will have thrown them in a ditch somewhere !
But someone may come across them dumped somewhere ? if so please let me know !

Gutted !!
N.
That is awful I hope they get caught and dealt with very harshly

Bit worrying reading through this post. My cousin had an almost new camper stolen from his home a few years ago. They broke in and took the keys. They were careful not to leave a mess and it wasn’t noticed immediately. He saw the van had gone but thought one of his sons had borrowed it. A crucial few hours were lost before it was reported. Of course it was never heard of again. This was in a quite, upmarket little town in South Wales.

• Sad
Reactions: CAB
This has also got me thinking about security on my van. I think I’ll start with a steering wheel lock. Any recommendations for a good one? I know to avoid the round key type locks that can be picked with a biro tube.

This has also got me thinking about security on my van. I think I’ll start with a steering wheel lock. Any recommendations for a good one? I know to avoid the round key type locks that can be picked with a biro tube.

some good info on there. I have stoplock pro myself

some good info on there. I have stoplock pro myself
Brilliant. Thank you

l think that this type of lock has been improved since the biro tube issue some years ago.

l would always recommend the old favourite, disklok, which doesn't use that type of locking mechanism anyway.

A good addition to your security and difficult to get off without noisy power tools.

+1 for the Disklok, you’ll need the small sized one.
I would also recommend a Ghost immobiliser, doesn’t matter if they’ve got the keys, they’re not driving off in your van if you have one of these fitted.

Back