Mine came with a steel spare (17 inch), and the long bolt. I've replaced the steel spare with a Devonport alloy , but there seemed no way the cradle was going back into position, the alloy seemed wider. The cradle seems to have a choice of two positions where it hinges, and i moved it to the lower position, and finally got the cradle tightened up.
To be honest, i wasnt overly happy then- it seemed to put a lot of stress on a fairly flimsy looking cradle hinge as it was all tightened up.

If ever the hinge let go, and the spare dropped to the ground at the front, theres the potential for it to wedge, and lift the back end up !

my goodness you are right TEESIXY
im going to look at that (conversion to stainless hinge with stainless bolts)

Mine came with a steel spare, but I plan to leave it. Any reason why you changed yours to an alloy?
It came this was from VW and even if I change the alloys on the van I can still use a steel spare as long as the rolling radius is the same.

That interesting, mine came with 5 alloys, would prefer steel spare, can't see that being stuck under the van getting covered in crap where I can't clean it is going to do an alloy any good, should be in a cover really....

Its a bit of a story which i wont bore you with, but at the time i ordered the van i was advised i had to order it with an alloy spare, to be sure it came with a spare wheel carrier.(wrong advise..) When the van came, it had a steel spare (in error) which would have done nicely, but as i'd paid for an alloy, it got swapped.

Spare wheel stolen,??? Sorry to hear that, total scum doing rediculous things, go get a job like the majority of us,!

Hi all,

So finally ordered a replacement and a VW locking bolt for £16 (can't remember if that included VAT. Can anyone tell me whether the anti-theft shroud is also available? If not I will cancel that bit and order from the forum shop. (also assuming long bolt for the T32 17's...)

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
The shroud is an aftermarket part we have sourced for the forum shop

Lovely, ill get an order through soon. Just trying not to add too many other bits at the same time!

Hi all,

So finally ordered a replacement and a VW locking bolt for £16 (can't remember if that included VAT. Can anyone tell me whether the anti-theft shroud is also available? If not I will cancel that bit and order from the forum shop. (also assuming long bolt for the T32 17's...)

Thanks in advance

Wouldnt of bothered with the vw one, they stole that along with the wheel when they took mine

Armaplate are in talks with VW to get it tested on the T6, hopefully next week!:D:thumbsdown::thumbsup::whistle::whistle::uh run:

The locking bolt is a genuine VW product but the shroud is aftermarket

Back