I have got some stock of genuine VW spare wheel locking bolt and aftermarket shroud/surround to protect the head of bolt, same as the stuff listed on eBay etc but a bit cheaper bought together will get them up in the shop when I get 5 minutes

If you can get the standard bolt for a reasonable price, I would take a few.. And make some more locking ones like mine

I was going to ask , I'm now running 17" wheels but my spare is a 16", surely I need to source a 17" spare or van will run unevenly on the corner if I get a puncture ? @T6 dork

I was going to ask , I'm now running 17" wheels but my spare is a 16", surely I need to source a 17" spare or van will run unevenly on the corner if I get a puncture ? @T6 dork

And the longer bolts and spacers for the wheel carrier, not too sure if the carrier is a little deeper.

Shame i looked the other day, they weren't in there, so i ordered one from the usual place, would've preferred a black one too!
Oh well maybe next time.

It's worth measuring old and new as there prob won't be a massive difference

what are both tyre sizes i will calculate the difference for you
===========================================

I had a mini with fat wheels, in the end I did not run a spare and now on the swift there is none just a pump and some stuff to squirt in. not sure how good that stuff is but van I ordered only has what it is coming with and all I need is it to just get me home. I thing getting a puncture is always at the back of our minds but I try not to let it worry me face it would you want to change the wheel on a 3ton van, a cars bad enough

Roadrunner get a grip I've changed lorry wheels with 20 ton bottle jacks for years
a 3 ton van is a mini

It wouldn't be much fun, especially a loaded van. Mine came with a full size steel spare, although i'd ordered an alloy. When the correct one came, i ended up swapping them, and didn't find that easy! There was no way i could get the carrier strap up enough (even though both had identical tyres).
In the end, i lowered the position of the carrier strap hinge- there appears to be a choice of two, and it worked. To be honest, the carrier set up where it hinges looked pretty flimsy, although i've never heard of one failing, which is just as well.

TEESIXY please tell me you havent put an alloy wheel in instead of a steel one
save the alloy inside with a piece of glass on it for a coffee table just in case of kurbing one
let the thieves (hopefully not) take the steely

Back