More than a bit odd that a wheel thief would put the bolt back in the clamp, doesn’t make sense at all.

More than a bit odd that a wheel thief would put the bolt back in the clamp, doesn’t make sense at all.
I'm not so sure, maybe they to put it back in so that you drive away in blissful ignorance. because nothing is hanging down under your van to draw your attention.
If you have no idea where or when the theft took place you've no chance of finding any CCTV that might help identify them.

Hi, I see some of you guys have had your spare wheels stolen. If anybody needs a replacement we have a lot of brand new spare wheels with tyres (Hankook / Continental) available. We also have some brackets to hold the spare wheels.

These wheels are all 16" and will fit any model apart from T32.

£60 per wheel (with tyre)

£40 per mounting bracket (not many available)
Had mine stolen last month

• Sad
Reactions: CAB
Yes one bolt is captive and stays there and the other is removeable

You’ll need a guard for the locking bolt.
There is a load of content on the Forum on this but here’s my solution.
There is a very cheap solution to use in addition to the standard 3 pin locking bolt; use an old hole saw or cut down 1/2” socket as a guard. I used a cheap hole saw, I cant shift it with a 12” Stilson.
As a bonus the bast@rd might slash their hand open trying to nick it.
View attachment 68711

Great idea to use a locking bolt! I bough a set of wheels from a fellow forum member and he gave me a set of bolts including four locking nuts and the adapter. I'll swap over one of the locking bolts if they are long enough.

Sorry to hear about the theft Gona66, that's a pita for sure!

Great idea to use a locking bolt! I bough a set of wheels from a fellow forum member and he gave me a set of bolts including four locking nuts and the adapter. I'll swap over one of the locking bolts if they are long enough.

Sorry to hear about the theft Gona66, that's a pita for sure!
It's been two days since it was noted, but I'm still pissed off ! :laugh:...

Hey has anybody worked out why the shits would steal the spare .I'm guessing it's for the tyre which are often brand new!.my spare is worn not to much tread on it will it be safe?? Or am I missing something?

Hey has anybody worked out why the shits would steal the spare .I'm guessing it's for the tyre which are often brand new!.my spare is worn not to much tread on it will it be safe?? Or am I missing something?

if it's on a nice alloy wheel, that will have value, even if only the scrap value.

Because it takes minutes. If you’re out nicking stuff most nights and you have a buyer it’s probably a good earner.

Just thought they would be after the tyres because I know they are valuable but who wants a tyre with little tread left .can't believe there's much scrap value in an aluminum wheel and you have to register at the scrap yard nowadays!

Just thought they would be after the tyres because I know they are valuable but who wants a tyre with little tread left .can't believe there's much scrap value in an aluminum wheel and you have to register at the scrap yard nowadays!
I see your point but how much would you be looking to replace it now, even with a worn tyre.
There’s a market for everything at the right price.

I didn't think I needed to but will have a look at how to make it a bit more difficult to steal .when I bought the van it did arrive without a spare!!

Back