Still Knocking On My Rear B14s

Dragging up an old post... @foggy3061 did you ever get resolved?

I think i may have the same issue with a T6 I have just purchased and would love to know how to resolve it. Thanks!
It seems there are 2 main issues on the rear of these kits
1,. was a poorly made shock absorber , Dont buy any more of them change it to a known better part , we can help with that !!
2 The height adjuster is poorly engineered and makes noises when the rear suspension articulates over bumps , we have a primitive but effective solution to this also .

Thanks for the quick reply... So the thought that the issue was the top and bottom shocker bushes were not the cause?

My plan is to go to air-ride in about 6 months time so would rather not spend a fortune on a fix, but at the same time the knocking is doing my head in, so hoping for a solution that I can put in that doesnt cost a fortune!

Thanks for the quick reply... So the thought that the issue was the top and bottom shocker bushes were not the cause?

My plan is to go to air-ride in about 6 months time so would rather not spend a fortune on a fix, but at the same time the knocking is doing my head in, so hoping for a solution that I can put in that doesnt cost a fortune!
The bushes are the issue i believe . some owners sent them back for repair and they didnt stop the noise ??

I have KW short shocks in stock £ 85.00 each Incl ( you have to use short shocks with the coil over kits ) never had a failure on these parts and ill throw in the plastic plates to stop the mounting noise .
WHY Air what is the attraction ?? Not a fan my self ,

steve

On mine the shock bush mod Bilstein did for me made no difference and lead me to asking for a refund and returning the kit. I am 100% sure it was the ride height adjuster on the rear rocking on the spot welds. When @CRS Performance fitted the KWV3’s for me they had a much bigger chamfer to clear the spot welds and didn’t make any knocking noises.

I think i may have the same issue with a T6 I have just purchased and would love to know how to resolve it. Thanks!

Amazingly......I still haven't changed the bushes!

The press I had access to, sprung a leak and by the time it was sorted I was distracted doing other van bits! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Hopefully swap back to the standard rear dampers soon so I can get the new bushes pressed in.

The b14 isnt approved or listed for the transporter T6 in Europe by Bilstein. Bilstein lost B16 . Might explain all the complaints about the B14

Last edited:
The b14 isnt approved or listed for the transporter T6 in Europe by Bilstein. Bilstein lost B16 . Might explain all the complaints about the B14
The B14 and komfort versions are not Bilstein catalogue parts at all , never were ! although the dampers are obviously made by them . The Bilstein web site lists B14 kits for track days actually.
I think the uk market has been grossly misled with the marketing of these kits . If Bilstein had designed AND BUILT a height adjustable kit for transporters they would be a lot better than what we have currently . We all know that semi brands are everywhere in the market now adays you never really know what you are buying , but the concept should be to sell these kits as an independent brand with its own identity and not mislead clients . .

Best thing to do is sell the shite that is b14s and buy solow and ride full ride height or get a set of stxs if you don’t wanna go as low :rofl:

Best thing to do is sell the shite that is b14s and buy solow and ride full ride height or get a set of stxs if you don’t wanna go as low :rofl:
Solow at its max height is still very low and not for everyone , I think the market understands this , Buying a solow kit for normal drops and use , would be a mistake but the STX and H&R kits are more middle of the road sensible kits and very popular here in our store

All i know is, i ran b14s on lowest setting, and now run solows on top setting, and theyre far superior to the b14 crap

All i know is, i ran b14s on lowest setting, and now run solows on top setting, and theyre far superior to the b14 crap
I agree that B 14 isnt good ! The Solow kit of course is a B14 design ( sleeve over ) with shorter shocks and shorter springs , also dampers made by Bilstein. But comparing a kit designed to do 40 to 70 mm to a kit that can do 100 to 130 mm isn't a great comparison in reality . You have the Solows at max height so if the B14 was set to max height it will also ride much better than down on its lower limit .

Back