T6.1 B14 Komfort rear knocking

Well ill join this club. 1k miles in and the rear knock begins. Going back on Saturday to be looked at. I may just put the standard shocks back on the rear and leave them on hopfully that sorts it. Is there anything else it could be? They are fitted correct

Well ill join this club. 1k miles in and the rear knock begins. Going back on Saturday to be looked at. I may just put the standard shocks back on the rear and leave them on hopfully that sorts it. Is there anything else it could be? They are fitted correct
The rear adjusters wobbling around they catch the 4 welds that hold the bump stop tube to the chassis

Why would this have only started after 1k of millage? And how are people resolving this by changing the shocks?
The B 14 kit is supplied with a rubber washer to try and stop the welds touching the adjuster but with the huge forces on this mount the rubber distorts and wears through .
If changing shocks resolve it then that is another issue , faulty shocks were making odd noises on the rear too . I think the rubber mounts in the shock were wrong or faulty

Swapped the shocks over and sort of silenced the knock for a short time but its still there and worse now only 4k miles in. Im Changing the bottom spring mount rubber tomorrow to see if this helps. Is there a fix for this bar fitting all new coilovers?

Swapped the shocks over and sort of silenced the knock for a short time but its still there and worse now only 4k miles in. Im Changing the bottom spring mount rubber tomorrow to see if this helps. Is there a fix for this bar fitting all new coilovers?
Have you checked the rear top adjuster rubber gasket to see if the spot welds have cut through it?

Yes it involves changing the spring and adjuster to a better make , we sell quite a few , some times we sell the kit with new shocks as the Bilstein ones are problematic

Back