T6.1 B14 Komfort rear knocking

Hi

I purchased my Komforts from Vanstyle

I’m nipping it back to the garage at 8 before I take a look. I drove it again this morning and I can’t believe that amount of noise is coming from them 4 weld spots fouling the eye bushes, It sounds like a box of spanner’s as though something is really loose.

Are your upgraded eye bushes coming from bilstein or Vanstyle??

Does anyone know if I can fit the oem dampner with the Eibach springs short term whilst this is resolved. I currently have it set to it highest at about 40mm.

What a shame as the front end feels awesome.

Cheers

Last edited:
I have been talking to Jamie at VanStyle so try him. Stupid question but are your adjusters at the top of the spring, did you replace the rubber spring seats, and did you torque the dampers when the van was on the ground? They will ask you that.

I am struggling to understand how such a small thing sounds so bad. I took my dampers off on Wednesday and refitted and it’s better but not fixed. The fact we have both bought from VanStyle at I assume the same time (week before Easter), I am wondering if we have a dodgy batch of dampers. I can’t understand how Bognor have never had this issue on B14s which makes me think it’s more to do with some dodgy dampers again.

I have been talking to Jamie at VanStyle so try him. Stupid question but are your adjusters at the top of the spring, did you replace the rubber spring seats, and did you torque the dampers when the van was on the ground? They will ask you that.

I am struggling to understand how such a small thing sounds so bad. I took my dampers off on Wednesday and refitted and it’s better but not fixed. The fact we have both bought from VanStyle at I assume the same time (week before Easter), I am wondering if we have a dodgy batch of dampers. I can’t understand how Bognor have never had this issue on B14s which makes me think it’s more to do with some dodgy dampers again.

I picked my Komforts up this week from Vanstyle.
The adjusters are definitely at the top I checked this last night and there does seem to be some rubber seats, not sure if they’re new. I’ll check all this with the garage shortly.

I’ll feedback soon.

cheers buddy

This is the feedback Bilstein have given to VanStyle.

Having spoken with Bilstien, it is dependent on production date and year a specific batch of vans that were made. There is a select amount that were made in Slovakia where they encountered this issue, so it is possible some fitters have never had a van as part of this batch.

So just got my Van back from the garage and they have solved the issue.

They went through everything Vanstyle suggested and it feels much better now . I suspect they may have over tightened shock mounts before allowing the van to settle on the ground.

Thanks for sending over the info @IslandLife82 much appreciated.

I hope you get to the bottom of your issue and that the new mounts sort the problem

cheers

Just to update. I have now fixed the issue by putting the VW rear dampers back on again. I’m waiting for a response from Bilstein but I believe there is a fault either with the dampers or with the top bush on the rear dampers. As soon as I put the VW ones back on the knocking went away. Hopefully Bilstein will supply some replacement dampers with modified bushes. I’ll just buy KW next time!

I’m just over a week since fitting my standard b14’s to my t5. Only done a few short drives and got that horrible rattle from the back. Will have a look and see if I have these welds

I’m just over a week since fitting my standard b14’s to my t5. Only done a few short drives and got that horrible rattle from the back. Will have a look and see if I have these welds
No you won’t have the issue with the welds, have you got a picture of the rear springs fitted ?

Finally had the time to look at the van. Jacked it up, lowered it on blocks and got someone to bounce inside so I could have a look. It’s coming from the springs.

A793B40A-3F26-4C9B-B08B-A6FBCF6BA29D.jpeg

28EFD09E-66EF-4455-8812-A6C643A0B925.jpeg

It does it without the shocks on. It’s the springs rubbing on themselves. I’m going to see if I can post my vids on you tube and then post them here

It does it without the shocks on. It’s the springs rubbing on themselves. I’m going to see if I can post my vids on you tube and then post them here
The cause of the noise is the 4 welded blobs that hold the Bump stop tube to the chassis ( top of the rear spring )
The poor design of the rear spring seat adjuster enables it to rock on the welds , Because it doesnt have any mechanism to hold it in place the rear adjuster bangs around on the weld spots and the noise is the adjsuster hitting the chassis

we have sent out quite a few repair kits to unhappy customers and no one has ever reported back that it didnt solve the issue

Back