Stereo volume linked to electric windows.

Skyliner33

VCDS User
VIP Member
T6 Legend
I noticed something strange the other day, well, apart from the fact it was both dry enough and warm enough to open the windows.
So the “interesting” observation. If I open my drivers door window below half way the stereo turns down the volume to the drivers a pillar speaker. Window back above halfway and the volume returns. Is this normal? Anyone else notice this?

• Wow
Reactions: mmi
My radio (dab) goes off when I open the drivers door? I’ve ordered some door panel clips for the obvious breakage on investigation.

I knew that the volume varies.
I thought it was linked to road speed, but it looks like the radio is sensing cab noise?
There’s a radio setting where you can adjust the sensitivity

Are you sure it's not just the wind noise cancelling out the high frequency sounds from the tweeter? Or are you doing this sat on the drive?

My radio (dab) goes off when I open the drivers door? I’ve ordered some door panel clips for the obvious breakage on investigation.

Is it a 6.1 @Dave Lawson
Our new Tig has keyless. You press the ignition button to stop the engine, but all the electrics, radio included, stay on. They switch off when the drivers door is opened. There may be some function still active between the doors and radio on other vehicles too.

Are you sure it's not just the wind noise cancelling out the high frequency sounds from the tweeter? Or are you doing this sat on the drive?

It does it sat on the drive, engine not running, so it not noise sensing. Also, why would it affect only the drivers a-pillar speaker? @Oldrat

Is it a 6.1 @Dave Lawson
Our new Tig has keyless. You press the ignition button to stop the engine, but all the electrics, radio included, stay on. They switch off when the drivers door is opened. There may be some function still active between the doors and radio on other vehicles too.
2016 T6, bit annoying, a loose connection somewhere

Mine is just the basic composition colour if that makes any difference

Just been out again and it’s also the mid speaker in the door. I can hear it cut out and feel it also with my hand on the door card. Excuse the tune.

Last edited:
Make sure the window mechanism isn’t catching the loom on the way down

It does seem like the window is tugging on a wire, but not sure why that would turn it down, rather than silence it completely.

Make sure the window mechanism isn’t catching the loom on the way down

Would that allow it to do it so consistently? And if the window pulled the look out how would it reconnect. I will have a look though. Thanks
It does seem like the window is tugging on a wire, but not sure why that would turn it down, rather than silence it completely.
Strange how it is exactly the same place and connects again.

Could be something on the window mechanism has been catching a speaker wire and has now worn through so it’s earthing it now but still hits the wire at the same place. I’ve no idea really- just a guess!!!!

Could be something on the window mechanism has been catching a speaker wire and has now worn through so it’s earthing it now but still hits the wire at the same place. I’ve no idea really- just a guess!!!!
Hmm I guess I'm going to have to take the door card off to investigate. Bugger, need to buy some more clips first. Pity the T6 ones are different I've loads of them.

Back