Finally got round to fitting my one last night, I was surprised how easy it actually was to fit, but then I turned the T6 on after reconnecting the battery and all the dash lights came on with nothing on the wheel working!
So I had to take the airbag off again, checked all the connections and tried switching it on again. Perfect this time, with all buttons and illumination working fine!

IMG_6960_zpsuahoqri6.jpg

However this morning I noticed that the drivers side electric window no longer goes all the way to the bottom after holding onto the button for a few seconds. I now have to hold the button on for the window to go all the way down and back up!
Anyone ever seen this before?

Finally got round to fitting my one last night, I was surprised how easy it actually was to fit, but then I turned the T6 on after reconnecting the battery and all the dash lights came on with nothing on the wheel working!
So I had to take the airbag off again, checked all the connections and tried switching it on again. Perfect this time, with all buttons and illumination working fine!

View attachment 8368

However this morning I noticed that the drivers side electric window no longer goes all the way to the bottom after holding onto the button for a few seconds. I now have to hold the button on for the window to go all the way down and back up!
Anyone ever seen this before?
Yep really simple fix @steveo1986, because you disconnected the battery the auto window loses its memory. All you need to do is reprogram them so they "learn" where the top and bottom are.
Hold the down button until the window is fully dropped, release, then press down and hold until you hear a little 'click-click' from the window motor. Now pull up on the switch holding it up until the widow closes. Again release the switch and pull it back up and hold until you hear the faint double 'click' again (need to hold for just a couple of seconds to get the clicks).
Your auto windows have now been reprogrammed, you'll need to do this for both sides.

Yep really simple fix @steveo1986, because you disconnected the battery the auto window loses its memory. All you need to do is reprogram them so they "learn" where the top and bottom are.
Hold the down button until the window is fully dropped, release, then press down and hold until you hear a little 'click-click' from the window motor. Now pull up on the switch holding it up until the widow closes. Again release the switch and pull it back up and hold until you hear the faint double 'click' again (need to hold for just a couple of seconds to get the clicks).
Your auto windows have now been reprogrammed, you'll need to do this for both sides.

Nice one, well get that done! Cheers @DaveyB

Finally got round to fitting my new wheel .it was new but I wasn't so keen on the vw leather ,so I got royal steering wheels to re trim it in nappa leather top and bottom and perforated centre and red stitching .

IMG_20170705_191344.jpg

I'd love to know if it's possible to add a steering wheel with ACC to a van that has city brake assist and then code in the ACC as a VCDS / VAGCOM style coding retro-fit.

At a guess I reckon they may use the same radar as when I'm on the motorway and get too close to the vehicle on front it puts a warning up on the dash. That makes me think the radar used for city brake assist is potentially the same one as ACC??

Does anyone know if this is possible?

I'd love to know if it's possible to add a steering wheel with ACC to a van that has city brake assist and then code in the ACC as a VCDS / VAGCOM style coding retro-fit.

At a guess I reckon they may use the same radar as when I'm on the motorway and get too close to the vehicle on front it puts a warning up on the dash. That makes me think the radar used for city brake assist is potentially the same one as ACC??

I think @Adams was fitting it to his van .

I really like the sound of ACC but it seems rather expensive to retrofit

Its possible to retrofit pretty much anything at a price, given you already have the radar in principle it seems quite feasible

So at the moment I have euro5 T6 plastic wheel what to upgrade to highline wheel or golf r if budget allows.
Cruise control is on the stalk so accepted that cruise is not going to work on the steering wheel.
If I go for say highline upgrade is it a straight plug and play or do I need module etc.
Will buttons light up? Will volume buttons on right etc work?

Newbie here

Back