I've got a mk7 Golf Gti TCR steering wheel i purchased it to fit to my golf gti. But as i am now selling the golf i wont be using it. I have been considering fitting it to my T6 but its a breadline model van with no MFSW and the thought of having all those buttons on the wheel and none doing anythng seems a waste.
Shame they dont do nice wheels without the mf capabilities. Might try and find a highline wheel and get it retrinmed.

View attachment 209354
@HoopDub You could get the blanks for the buttons and sell the buttons on? There are some nice CF & Piano black surrounds for them available.

I've got a mk7 Golf Gti TCR steering wheel i purchased it to fit to my golf gti. But as i am now selling the golf i wont be using it. I have been considering fitting it to my T6 but its a breadline model van with no MFSW and the thought of having all those buttons on the wheel and none doing anythng seems a waste.
Shame they dont do nice wheels without the mf capabilities. Might try and find a highline wheel and get it retrinmed.

View attachment 209354
Mate a different set of buttons. Coding and wiring that'll work

Sorry if this has been covered, I’ve tried looking but haven’t found an exact answer..
I bought an R-Line wheel a couple of years ago and only just getting around to fitting it, expecting it to be a straight swap. Once connected the left hand buttons don’t work (apart from the volume) and the horn doesn’t work. I’ve noticed on the original airbag there’s one less pin on the yellow plug and one extra on the black plug. There’s also an additional spade connector on the new air bag. Will swapping these looms solve the problem and can I just leave the additional spade terminal with nothing connected?
Any help appreciated! IMG_2096.jpegIMG_2099.jpegIMG_2100.jpegIMG_2101.jpeg

Back