Steering Wheel Play.

Thanks for your reply digriff. Its a bloody annoying feature. I am not going to waste any time chasing this a warranty issue. But in time I will look at replacing this part. My guess it’s been like it since new. Surely not every T6 has this gremlin of a feature

I’ll let you know in a few weeks how I get on
Would be great to find out how you get on with it. Yeah I am surprised at the amount of issues the T6 has. Only had my van for 1.5yr driven 8k since getting it and had to spend 2.5k on issues so far.. engine crank seal is an expensive piece to replace from a reallly flawed vw design error. Adblue system.. yeah total pain.. anyway love my van regardless will keep patching as I go

it was quite hard to find, but i got it from 'VW van parts direct' £238
from catcar info i got the part number 7E2419751B,
this is the link to the part i bought Van Parts Direct VW Transporter 2010 - 2019 Intermediate Steering Shaft ( Item In Yellow )- Genuine VW Commercial Parts
part number was 7E2419751C, looked identical to the part i took off.
only thing to note is it didn't come with the bottom oetiker 51.5mm clamp for the boot, but i managed to get one from ebay for a couple of quid.
Hi. I am having the same issue. I have a 2018 California 204bhp. Do you know if this is the same part number. Thanks.

Thanks for the update chrisab. Just out of interest how many miles has your van covered. Mine only shows 30k with the slack steering issue. I’m beginning to think many of these T6s have had this issue from new.

Hi. I bought it with 65k on. I just put it down to being a California and has had all that weight in the back from day 1. I up rated the rear springs to level the van before I changed the intermediate shaft, it was slightly better but not by much.

Back