Stealth hook up for barn door owners?

Barnstorm

Hi all. Fairly new to this. Working on electrics for my T6 conversion. I've completed my seat base battery and Renogy DC-DC battery charger. install. Now I'm thinking about hookup wiring.

I see that lucky tailgate owners have the option of hinging the panel below the rear lights and installing a stealth hook up. Of course, I have barn doors, so am out of luck with that.

I was wondering if anyone had ever tinkered with the idea of turning the little panel below the fuel filler door into a secret hook up door. It looks like depth might be an issue, even for one of these customveedubs angled connectors like this

I can get one of the panels for sale on eBay for £25 which might be worth experimenting with - but I thought I'd tap into the collective wisdom on this forum before wasting time and money.

I could have gone down the under the bonnet route, as most folks seem to do, but I've put my mat and seats back now, so I would have to undo all of that to run the cable. Should have thought ahead...

All thoughts appreciated. Thanks.

Back