Startline MFSW retrofit

Samfisher

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hi I want to fit a MFSW to my T6, its a startline and wondered if it is possible?
I have purchased a Golf Mk 8 wheel and have read some threads about fitting but as of yet nothing
I have used VCDS to tell the BCM it has a MFSW and have moved the horn wire over into the Bus wires spare slot
but now have no horn ? Anyone got any ideas or has had the same problem ? I'm just wondering if I need
a steering wheel Controll module as the start line has no wheel controlls
Thanks in advance

Have you added the other two wires, one to +12v and the other to the BCM? Also changed the airbag loom?

I have changed the air bag loom but didn’t know about the other wires , but I have now found a very good post all about it. Funny how I couldn’t find it until I posted !!!!!

You have picked a very tricky one to do if you are not sure

Golf 8 vehicles are built on the MQB platform which is the same/similar to T6.1 so that wheel should really be for a 6.1 but i think that some later T6s (i dont know exactly when but probably BCM revision related) will accept newer steering wheels but no way to be sure if/when
I would hazard a guess that if you van is an original T6 circa 2016/17 then this wheel is not compatible and if its a later T6 circa 2019 then it may be possible to get it working

I will have a go !!! I had some rear lights from HQ and cut the plugs off as they were different, eventually got them working

Golf 8 loom pins differently so will prob need to redo the airbag loom to match T6 etc

Afraid not, I have done a guide for fitting one to a T6.1 detailing wiring changes but not sure how that will compare to a T6 ?

Ok thanks do you have a link? I will compare to the wiring on the T6 and keep you posted thanks for your help

Actually I’m a bit confused about my van. it’s a start line May 2018. no controls on the wheel when I got it. It has electric folding mirrors and a radar up front. I took the BCM out to change it for an A, B or C module to find it has a C module already installed, I thought they were from a high line model???!

Back