Another start line mfsw question

simpson_eh

VIP Member
Hi all,

Had a long look around the other posts but cannot find the answer,

I have picked up a mfsw with cruise control but can't find any part numbers for the airbag loom wiring, my t6 (2019)start line does not have any cruise, the wheel came off a t6, I've purchased this VW Transporter T6 MFSW Retrofit Loom for Cruise Control on Steering Wheel | eBay

Is this the correct loom to wire it in? I know I need another one for the actual airbag and controls

Many thanks

Hi all,

Had a long look around the other posts but cannot find the answer,

I have picked up a mfsw with cruise control but can't find any part numbers for the airbag loom wiring, my t6 (2019)start line does not have any cruise, the wheel came off a t6, I've purchased this VW Transporter T6 MFSW Retrofit Loom for Cruise Control on Steering Wheel | eBay

Is this the correct loom to wire it in? I know I need another one for the actual airbag and controls

Many thanks
That looks like what you will need for wiring in the cruise control.
I’ve just been through this process and waiting to get it all coded in.
This is the airbag loom you will need.
Just found this amazing item on AliExpress. Check it out! £9.99 29% Off | OEM Steering Wheel MFSW Harness Cable For VW Golf MK7 2013 - 2017 Polo 2011-2019 6RD971584D 6RD 971 584 D

From memory you need all five slots on the black connector in the loom to be populated. Hard to tell from that photo, but it looks to me like it’s three?

The 3 wires you need to fit attach to this grey plug behind the steering wheel

IMG_5923.jpegIMG_5925.jpeg
Pins 9 10 and 11
Pin 9 goes to the black wire on your light control switch plug.
Pin 10 goes to pin 36 on the BCM under your dash.
It’s the white plug on the left. Remove the white sheath and the black plug slides in 2. Then fit pin wire in pin 36
Pin 11 goes to the ebox under your main battery.
It’s a bugger to get too. I found removing the thick black earth strap allowed me to pull up the row of plugs high enough to remove the bottom black and purple plug.
You use a thicker pin wire connection to fit into pin 1 in this plug

Last edited:
This is the white BCM plug under dash after I removed the white sheath and slid it in 2
It’s pin 36
I left the BCM in place and was able to remove the white plug split the black plug the add the pin wire in slot 36 with lying on my back. Was ok to do.
IMG_5934.jpeg

More pics of the mass of wires under the battery and the row of plugs you need to pull up to get to the bottom black and purple one.
And a pic of plug with my yellow wire fitted in pin 1

IMG_5948.pngIMG_5958.jpeg

Here’s a pic of the main plug behind steering wheel after I had fitted the 3 wires. I needed to redo them with longer wires as my blue connectors were too bulky there to put the plug back together.
I forgot to say you need to remove the brown and yellow wire from plug 11 to fit the cable that goes to the ebox in engine bay.
That wire is for your horn so it won’t work until the coding is done.

IMG_5928.jpeg

Back