SPOTTED - 'Was it you?' thread

Got it now. Looks like Kings Lynn was a gathering point for a run to Hunstanton (Run to the Hun 8).
Hunstanton must have been brilliant, based on the numbers we saw.

Pete

I think I saw @Deaky today?
Was on the A46 between Stratford and Alcester ,I was in my blue T5.1 Kombi pulling my caravan.
Sorry but the time I looked and worked it out you had gone
Will wave next time

Driving round the M25 between Heathrow and M40 junction I was overtaken by a silver T6 or T5 with a pop top. I noticed I could see about 2-3 inches canvas at the front and it looked like the Front passenger side wasn’t tied down. I was driving my daughters Up so I had to attract the drivers attention and through my open window mine a pop top flying off. God knows what the other drivers thought was going on. Eventually he cottoned on and pulled over to hopefully check his roof. It was either undone or not put down properly. At least I hope that was the case or I’ve been gesticulating madly whilst driving on the motorway seriously confusing some poor van driver!

Nice work chap.
Could have been me and I would have been very grateful to you for bringing it to my attention.
A good deed indeed.

Seen a cheeky grey T6 in Brentwood a few times now. Registration T*BNE. Looks very smart.

Reading the above comments, I wonder if any of you actually go out on todays roads :whistle:

There's no excuse for that kind of risk, but I see that sort of driving every single day. Very few drivers give a crap anymore, so long as they get where they want to be, as fast as they can. The only thing that slows them down is a physical camera, and once they past that, they are full bore again. Hardly anyone uses indicators anymore, drivers exit motorways at the last second to get 1 car ahead, risking everyone else, they hog middle and outside lanes, jump red lights that don't have cameras, speed through villages unless there's a camera, use their phones, do their make-up... I see it every day, time after time.

Since the general lack of visible police vehicles, there's been a huge attitude change in drivers, and the standards are often appalling, dog eat dog, little or no courtesy, vehicles not maintained properly anymore, the list goes on and on. I hate being out on the road now in this country, and wish I didn't have to.

Couldn't agree more, drivers jumping red traffic lights has increased dramatically over the years. Drivers will take risks if there's a chance of gaining a second or two, check their mobiles, text at traffic lights etc etc. Stiffer penalties and more enforcement would help I reckon.

Why is this thread pinned?? No posts for two months and, at the end of the day, it's people getting excited that they've seen a van driving along a road.

There are probably lots of pinned topics that don't get posted on daily. I'm not really sure what your point is?

Why is this thread pinned?? No posts for two months and, at the end of the day, it's people getting excited that they've seen a van driving along a road.
It’s an accumulation of threads 8071, 8317, 8854, 9538, 10157, 10732, 11849, 12732, 15198, 15448, & 17925 which, like the VW Wave thread, seldom get updated - but when they do, are forum favourites.

Next time I’m in Beds, I’ll whip past yours, wave like a loon, and will laugh about it right here
:smile bounce:

There are probably lots of pinned topics that don't get posted on daily. I'm not really sure what your point is?

It’s an accumulation of threads 8071, 8317, 8854, 9538, 10157, 10732, 11849, 12732, 15198, 15448, & 17925 which, like the VW Wave thread, seldom get updated - but when they do, are forum favourites.

Next time I’m in Beds, I’ll whip past yours, wave like a loon, and will laugh about it right here
:smile bounce:

Was I missing something in these posts, I’m totally up for this thread
Costs nothing and is fun
@Tourershine and @Ads_Essex you can wave like loons any time over hear in Yorkshire

Popped to camping international (again) today quite a few t6's in the car park anyone from here ?

For me (and my solitary post) it's not just shouting about seeing one of the thousands of T6's on the road. I regularly see two parked up at work and not having ever seen the owners it might just be nice to know who they are.

For me (and my solitary post) it's not just shouting about seeing one of the thousands of T6's on the road. I regularly see two parked up at work and not having ever seen the owners it might just be nice to know who they are.
And you think this thread is the way to get in touch with them? Just leave a note on their windscreen with your phone number.

And then what? You're going to chat about how you all bought a similar vehicle...?

I'm going to guess somebody had a poorly van when he posted?

Generally if I've got the hump or don't have an interest in a thread I go and watch some dash cam or instant karma videos on youtube instead and take my mardiness with me.

OT and one of these days I might get a picture in this thread even if I have to create a new account just to "spot" myself.:whistle:

Back