An accident damn it

Ayjay

VIP Member
T6 Legend
Maybe this should have gone into the 'What have you done to your van today' thread but I've started a new one anyway. On the way home from Cotswold Water Park today when the bloke in the lane next to us saw a gap at the busy roundabout and decided to go for it, unfortunately taking a piece of our van on the way through. We were stationary at the time and after clipping us, he just carried on. I went after him, pulled up alongside at the next roundabout and my wife called to him that he had just hit us and to pull over but his response was to drive off. I started to go after him but my wife saw the signs in me and told me to leave it to the insurance company. So if the bloke in driving the 65 plate white Golf TSI in Cirencester today is reading this, I've made a report to Gloucestershire Constabulary today including your registration and the fact that you failed to stop and also initiated a claim with my insurance company. Without witnesses, I suspect it will cost me but such is life. I suspect it will need a new wing and new parts in the front as the whole thing has been pushed out of shape. The headlight has been scratched as well.
20211231_125320.jpg

He probably didn’t stop because he was over the drink limit, I feel for you…..

@ lightning. Don't know about that but I did check that the car itself was taxed and insured (yes) and my insurance company confirmed that it was with Admiral.

@Murdoch. No and sort of regretting it.
@Andyf. It's getting less light every time that I look at it. Apart from the obvious scuffs and scratches, I've now noticed that the headlight and foglight are no longer sitting properly in the recesses due to the whole of the front bumper (or whatever the front end big blur plastic thing is called it's called) having shifted - I'm now beginning to wonder whether some of the fixings/clips might be damaged and whether a whole new front will be necessary. That said, now that I'm over my initial really p1ssed offness I'm trying not to worry about it as it should all get sorted out by the insurance company in due course - I've registered the claim but Ageas themselves (I bought via Justkampers) are not open until Tuesday and I'll talk to them then. I've often said that you never really find out how good an insurance company really is until you need to claim so I guess I'll find out about mine soon enough.

@Murdoch. No and sort of regretting it.
@Andyf. It's getting less light every time that I look at it. Apart from the obvious scuffs and scratches, I've now noticed that the headlight and foglight are no longer sitting properly in the recesses due to the whole of the front bumper (or whatever the front end big blur plastic thing is called it's called) having shifted - I'm now beginning to wonder whether some of the fixings/clips might be damaged and whether a whole new front will be necessary. That said, now that I'm over my initial really p1ssed offness I'm trying not to worry about it as it should all get sorted out by the insurance company in due course - I've registered the claim but Ageas themselves (I bought via Justkampers) are not open until Tuesday and I'll talk to them then. I've often said that you never really find out how good an insurance company really is until you need to claim so I guess I'll find out about mine soon enough.

Touch wood they have a good customer service and crack on with it

Lets hope your insurance company see it through and get a claim against the other driver. If they get lazy, you can always use the Ask MID service to get the other drivers policy details here, it costs £4;

You can also get the registered keeper details by filling in a DVLA form V888;

I used both after I was hit in a car park and the fella drove off, with a successful outcome in the end.

I wish you luck with your claim against the other driver. I had similar and CCTV footage of the vehicle being in the same road, but without witnesses it was classed as an "own fault" claim. Cost me £2k and my NCB.

Back