Sportline harsh suspension

Kev

T6 Pro
I’ve just had the sportline and because it’s the non BE it’s on 30mm springs, I’ve had multiple transporters over the years and always done bilstein b14’s which was always a great ride
problem here is that this new one is on a short 2 year contract hire so don’t want to mess with the suspension too much, is there anything I can do within the warranty to improve the ride? My transit custom was 10 times better than this an I’m not sure I can last 2 years with the crash suspension

I’ve just had the sportline and because it’s the non BE it’s on 30mm springs, I’ve had multiple transporters over the years and always done bilstein b14’s which was always a great ride
problem here is that this new one is on a short 2 year contract hire so don’t want to mess with the suspension too much, is there anything I can do within the warranty to improve the ride? My transit custom was 10 times better than this an I’m not sure I can last 2 years with the crash suspension
What tyre pressure you running ?

Mine came with 52psi all round and was so hard and bumpy. I’m not carrying weight so I dropped it down to 38psi all round and instantly fix the harsh ride!.

Reactions: Kev
Never even gave that a thought
Will have a look tomorrow
Mine is a work van so do carry weight so will keep higher side, but hopefully can drop a bit to help

Never even gave that a thought
Will have a look tomorrow
Mine is a work van so do carry weight so will keep higher side, but hopefully can drop a bit to help
Yes check, night and day difference for me, even going over speed humps was such a horrible experience at slow speed, now good again.

Put better shocks with the springs you have . Half the price of a coil over and better ride by far !! . remove when van goes back the Shocks hold the value well , resell them . sanity in tact

thanks for your reply, what would this cost roughly? also concerned about warranty as I always had issues before with anything because they blamed everything on it being messed with

Put better shocks with the springs you have . Half the price of a coil over and better ride by far !! . remove when van goes back the Shocks hold the value well , resell them . sanity in tact
This is what you told me Steve and sold to me but it really wasn't a good solution, hardly any improvement to my harsh ride?

(You have since told me it is the fault of the springs, despite you selling this solution fitted and test driving it)

I didn't get back to your last email to get this sorted as was selling the van but have now decided to keep it so will be in touch.

(Has been sat in Storage for months, hardly done any miles)

This is what you told me Steve and sold to me but it really wasn't a good solution, hardly any improvement to my harsh ride?

(You have since told me it is the fault of the springs, despite you selling this solution fitted and test driving it)

I didn't get back to your last email to get this sorted as was selling the van but have now decided to keep it so will be in touch.

(Has been sat in Storage for months, hardly done any miles
we have sold thousands of these shocks and when applied correctly the solutions are always good. What can affect the ride however is always the height. Or a failure , what springs have you got. And how low is the van. .. ?? , these factors can affect the ride and make the suspension harsh. , it s a simple test to confirm the height. Measure Center of the wheel to the top of the harsh , we will need these figures to begin , if you want to bring it to us we can obvi measure for you and decide what might need to be done. What type of. Shocks do you have , special. Special active or special short ?. If you cant remember send me a copy of the invoice .

Back