4motion - worth the extra cost?

I’ve seen plenty of Range Rovers and big 4 x 4s get stuck with totally the wrong tyres for soggy grass! Plus very few Chelsea tractors ever go off road for fear of getting the vehicle dirty !! 4 x 4 with correct tyres will always win over 2wd. BTW I’ve seen 4 motions stuck on fields trying to pull a 2000kg caravan up a gradient. No need for me to preach to the converted - going off road needs proper preparation and an understanding of the vehicle’s capabilities

Would you be staying with a Caravelle?

If so just remember how rare they are in 4motion form. Out of 40 T6/6.1 Caravelles on AT, 3 are 4motion. One is an SE which personally isn't the right spec for a Caravelle. One is 100k miles at 4 years old so not the best (and a private seller) and the last one is up for £63,600 Inc VAT. :eek:

Be prepared to 1. Wait a long time if you want a 4motion Caravelle and 2. Travel to anywhere in the UK when one comes up.
There’s a few more. Search 4motion as a keyword.

Currently run two 204bhp dsg t6.
Both LWB, one 2017 2wd, one 2018 4motion.
The 4motion is definitely a better tow vehicle, puts its power down to the road better and is the better vehicle.
The 2wd is definitely swifter acceleration due to less weight, but is very enthusiastic about spinning its wheels.
Currently working on a job with wet grass/clay soil. The 2wd just digs a hole and sits still. The 4wd did get itself out, made a right mess everywhere, but got out.
4motion is definitely worth the extra cost and the extra weight!

Back