SOLVED: Alarm going off when using remote.

Jonnoa

I have a 2018 T6 Transporter Hi-line.
When you lock the door with the remote and after about 30 seconds if you then push lock on the remote the alarm goes off, the only way then to stop it is to open the Drivers door with the key.
Can't find anything on this and the main VW Van dealer has no idea why it is doing this.
Can any one help.

Do all the doors show closed correctly on the MFD?

No other issues?

How long it been doing it?

Possible full ecu reset?

Do all the doors show closed correctly on the MFD?

No other issues?

How long it been doing it?

Possible full ecu reset?

Yes all door are closed correctly.
Only had the Van 2 weeks and it went in to Vw for its first main service last week.
Alarm does not go off ever on its own only when locked and you push the lock button on the remote.

When you lock the van initially, does the LED on the driver’s door come on constantly, and then start flashing? Or flash straight away?

Do the indicators flash when it locks?

Yes they do. The alarm system and doors open and lock as they should, the only part that seems to be a problem is when locked and you push the lock button on the remote any time after about 30 seconds of previously locking with the remote, it triggers the alarm and the only way to stop it is to use the key in the drivers door.

Worth checking the LED on the driver’s door as per above.

If it comes on constantly for a few seconds and then flashes, it indicates a fault.

Carista or VCDS should highlight a fault too if you have access to them.

The led on the drivers door flashes fast about 8 times then slowly.
I have VCDS and ran a test after it came back from VW. It did throw a few connection errors but was told that some vehicles can do this but not sure.
I have attached the log so if anyone can help.

Attachments

• Log-WV1ZZZ7HZJH117497-26630km-16547mi.txt
    15.5 KB · Views: 6
The LED sounds like it’s doing the right thing.

Hopefully the scan will enable someone to assist.

only way then to stop it is to open the Drivers door with the key.
Interesting one... what happens if you just lock the van and then use the key to open the drivers door?

Curious as I my sets off the alarm if I use the key to open the driver door - and then only way to shut it down is either use the remote or turn ignition on.

I had a look on the BCM coding - nothing obvious there.

Could you please post also the adaptation map of the BCM (09)? There are a quite a few alarm related settings in there.
How to ---> Vw T6 Aux Heater Unlock - Please Help !

If you lock the vehicle with the remote and then unlock it with the key then fine but if you lock it with the remote then use the key and instead of unlocking it turn it to lock it the alarm goes off.
I will look at the BCM (09) when I get time and it stops raining.

Attached is the adaption Map and Block map of BCM (09)

Attachments

• adpmap-09-7E0-937-090-C-20200724-1322.CSV
    8.8 KB · Views: 2
  • blockmap-09-7E0-937-090-C-20200724-1322.CSV
    3.9 KB · Views: 4
1595601040563.png
BCM thinks that the cause of the last 4 alarms has been "Unauthorized terminal 15" (according to VCDS decode for the "9").

The date is a bit funny but anyways tells that on a day there were three alarms, and on day+1 one alarm at 10:43. The time should be correct.

Terminal 15 is normally activated by turning Ignition on. Any add-on electrics on board?

VCDS is powered from OBD-socket and communicates happily with the BCM without having key in the ignition. So could try to set up "Adv. Meas. Values" to log Terminal 15 + possibly a few others and then do your thing.

09-02_a.png

CANbus shuts down after about a minute of locking so I'm not sure if the above is successful long enough.

Not sure why the date is out but the times are correct, item 20 was when the alarm went off this morning when I was testing and the other three were yesterday.
I did leave the ignition on while running the test, I presume this would not shut down the CANbus.
I an not an expert on VCDS so it is a learning process for me.

Just to update you on this post.
I have found out what was causing this.
The reversing camera I have discovered was an aftermarket one, very good and you could not tell the difference it turned out to be where the Live feed on the aux circuit was take from. Now moved to a different circuit all is fine.
Thank you all for all your help.

Back