Central Locking Sequencing [Resolved)

DavidS

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hi - Nubiel looking for some expertise.

My T6 central locking was working fine with the remote, then the remote stopped unlocking/locking the van. The transmit light on the fob flashes when pressed & the red light at the lock button on the drivers door still flashes (I'm guessing this is the alarm). I changed the battery in the fob, no joy.

I've seen a few resequence videos on you tube but they seem more VW car related and tried as close a version as possible i.e without removing the door cap.

Also - the radio used to switch off when the ignition key was removed, now it stays on and has to be turned off manually.

Central locking works fine manually - Is there a specific resequencing procedure for a T6?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi - Nubiel looking for some expertise.

My T6 central locking was working fine with the remote, then the remote stopped unlocking/locking the van. The transmit light on the fob flashes when pressed & the red light at the lock button on the drivers door still flashes (I'm guessing this is the alarm). I changed the battery in the fob, no joy.

I've seen a few resequence videos on you tube but they seem more VW car related and tried as close a version as possible i.e without removing the door cap.

Also - the radio used to switch off when the ignition key was removed, now it stays on and has to be turned off manually.

Central locking works fine manually - Is there a specific resequencing procedure for a T6?
Reviewed the manual and I’m “Nubie confused”!
- Fold out the key bit
- Press the (unlock) button on the vehicle key. Remain standing close to the vehicle.
- Lock the vehicle with the key bit in the door lock.
- Switch on the ignition using the vehicle key. The sychronisation process is complete.

I’ve missed something in this. If I’m standing close to the vehicle & then lock the vehicle with the key bit in the door, how do I switch on the ignition with the vehicle key? Haven’t I just locked myself outside the vehicle?

ED8978AB-1D35-4455-AEF1-8E425DA9D2E9.jpeg

How do I switch on the ignition with the vehicle key? Haven’t I just locked myself outside the vehicle?

Leave the window open and lean in?

Cheers for the ideas, tried them with no joy however I got to the bottom of my challenge ! Nothing to do with sychronising the key fob to the van.... turns out it was a sticky ignition barrel, van was thinking the key was still in the ignition hence the radio (infotainment system) was staying on when the key was removed and the remote central locking wouldn't work.....

Cheers for the ideas, tried them with no joy however I got to the bottom of my challenge ! Nothing to do with sychronising the key fob to the van.... turns out it was a sticky ignition barrel, van was thinking the key was still in the ignition hence the radio (infotainment system) was staying on when the key was removed and the remote central locking wouldn't work.....
My van has started doing this... I've tried some silicon lube but its having none of it... If i bang the side of the ignition when the key is removed it springs shut.

What did you do to fix yours please?

Thank you

My van has started doing this... I've tried some silicon lube but its having none of it... If i bang the side of the ignition when the key is removed it springs shut.

What did you do to fix yours please?

Thank you
WD40 and a bit of wiggling the key in the ignition has helped, it's still a bit of a temperamental bugger though. If I put the key in and turn the engine on sometimes it won't release the key unless I drive it round the block .... or is that a feature?

Local Garage has suggested a new ignition block

WD40 and a bit of wiggling the key in the ignition has helped, it's still a bit of a temperamental bugger though. If I put the key in and turn the engine on sometimes it won't release the key unless I drive it round the block .... or is that a feature?

Local Garage has suggested a new ignition block
My local garage have spoken to TPS and apparently my chassis number is needed to order a new ignition barrel. £240!!
Plus fitting and a 21 day wait time!

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Thanks for your reply.

Last edited:
Back