SoLows and towing a caravan - anyone doing it?

RyanGerry

VIP Member
T6 Guru
I've been running SoLows now for around 18 months and cant fault them. I tow a teardrop trailer with no problems but I'm now looking to upgrade to a 6 berth caravan and I'm not sure if the SoLows height at the highest setting will cut it, I'm running 18" banded steels with the SoLows fully lifted.

Is there anyone out there towing with this setup?

I don't really want to get rid of the SoLows as they are perfect for me but if needs must!

Would that be a twin-axle? I’m no expert on so-lows, but what’s the height from the ground to the top of the towball?

It will probably be a twin axle yes, as for the height I’m not sure I’d have to give it a measure once the wife is back.

im on solows on full height at the rear and was towing a car transporter with a ford ka on the back. no issues to report there if that helps

I've been running SoLows now for around 18 months and cant fault them. I tow a teardrop trailer with no problems but I'm now looking to upgrade to a 6 berth caravan and I'm not sure if the SoLows height at the highest setting will cut it, I'm running 18" banded steels with the SoLows fully lifted.

I don't really want to get rid of the SoLows as they are perfect for me but if needs must!
This thread might help:

I personally cannot see you having any issues mate. A Twin axle Caravan loaded correctly will sit a lot better than a single axle Caravan loaded poorly. Plus you are not exactly slammed on the ground, and the Solows are really strong, so shouldn't bottom out when towing. My bet is it will all sit pretty level, depending on how high your towball sits.

Don't you know anyone that has a twin axle that will let you hook it up to try? failing that, a good dealer should let you hook up for testing before buying.
Andy at Transporter HQ towed a huge Adria twin axle with all his T6's with no problems, albeit they were on air, but the ride height was much lower than you are currently.

I personally cannot see you having any issues mate. A Twin axle Caravan loaded correctly will sit a lot better than a single axle Caravan loaded poorly. Plus you are not exactly slammed on the ground, and the Solows are really strong, so shouldn't bottom out when towing. My bet is it will all sit pretty level, depending on how high your towball sits.

Don't you know anyone that has a twin axle that will let you hook it up to try? failing that, a good dealer should let you hook up for testing before buying.
Andy at Transporter HQ towed a huge Adria twin axle with all his T6's with no problems, albeit they were on air, but the ride height was much lower than you are currently.
I’m about 15 mins from @RyanGerry and have a twin-axle!

Back