Towing with a lowered van

Fromow

VIP Member
T6 Pro
I apologise if this had been covered already.

I’m looking at B14s, Koni H&R combo and stance coilovers but wanted people’s opinions on them when a caravan is hitched up.
Towing with a T30 dsg 204 4 motion

I've got a T32 DSG 4-Mo, B14's (on highest setting) and tow an Adria that's 1900kg fully loaded, no issues for me.

I was surprised at how well the Adria hooks up to the back of my van, I was expecting the front of the caravan to be heavily nose down in order to hitch up, but it's fine and towing has been a breeze except on the narrowest roads where an 8ft wide plastic box makes you shit yourself.

View media item 29752019-10-09 12.33.51.jpg

The best thing you can do for towing is have a performance shock regardless of what height you run as this will make the rig more stable . Good shocks are stiffer than standard shocks in low frequency movements and these increased forces keep the rig tight and stable .

I will follow this thread with interest as I’m on standard suspension at the moment but looking to go a bit lower with also improved comfort. But also I tow a twin axle caravan

Took some measurements this morning, the caravan is 45mm "nose" down when on the tow bar and the "velle" is 60mm lower than standard, question is do I bring the "velle" up a bit to reduce the 45mm "nose" down. Has anyone else who tows a caravan had similar issues ?

Back