So what does everyone do for a living?

Firefighter.
The T6 is my leisure vehicle, unfortunately I was not allowed to have one as my response vehicle, apparently it does not fit the criteria! Settled for a blue Skoda Octavia VRS instead, which is also good fun to drive.
Oh and general dogsbody trying to renovate a house whilst living in it, and running up and down the country taking the kids to all of their sailing events.

I get to chuck an X5 around at work so I'm more than happy to bimble around in my Kombi when not working..

I get to chuck an X5 around at work so I'm more than happy to bimble around in my Kombi when not working..
Couldn't help grinning when I overtook an R8 and RS6 that were travelling in convoy the other day. Thought to myself, you have all that horsepower but have to pull over as a lowly Skoda comes past! Happy Days.

A site manager working in north midlands for a national house builder on verge of moving to south Devon/north Cornwall and wondering how to get the T6,T25,Mk1 golf and shopping car there and where to put them

Come on @Lawce which builder? I have worked for the past 15 years (although more recently move away from it) in that environment in that sort of area and wondered if our paths had crossed.

A site manager working in north midlands for a national house builder on verge of moving to south Devon/north Cornwall and wondering how to get the T6,T25,Mk1 golf and shopping car there and where to put them
Well if you need N cornwall advice, let me know!

Rhymes with a famous bread rob, and yes polzeylad advice would be very appreciated as I've lived in the ceramic capital of the world for 45yrs..launceston,bude,etc,basically no more than 1 hr from Exeter, where to live or avoid etc

Rhymes with a famous bread rob, and yes polzeylad advice would be very appreciated as I've lived in the ceramic capital of the world for 45yrs..launceston,bude,etc,basically no more than 1 hr from Exeter, where to live or avoid etc
A bit further North than me but some nice areas up there. Bude is a well established town with a decent array of shops and pubs; if probably head slightly either end of it where there are nice beaches and it's a bit quieter.
Launceston has no beaches but it's really well placed for the A30 and property prices are far more sensible than much of Cornwall. If you want a nice house with a bit of land look around there.
If you're keen on beach life, try near Bude where places aren't too expensive. Head even slightly inland and prices drop dramatically.

I'm off to Bude tomorrow for more Coastguard training then Exeter so I'll time my journey there. I'm in the M135i though so it might be slightly quicker than in a van.

Thanks polzeylad that would be great to have an approximate journey time from bude to Exeter and could probably give you a run for your money in the golf(if it made it)..thanks for the advice

:thumbsup:
Thanks polzeylad that would be great to have an approximate journey time from bude to Exeter and could probably give you a run for your money in the golf(if it made it)..thanks for the advice
My dad had the 7th Mk1 Gti in Britain. Then one of the last (1.8) modded to death; it was a 911 scarer.
Is yours modded? Needs to be pretty nippy to keep up with a 320bhp M135i (0-60 in 4.6s) despite weighing far less. :thumbsup:

Bodmin to Exeter.. about an hour
Launceston about 40 mins.
Bude to Exeter I reckon just north of an hour or so..
But definitely allow for summer. Cause nobody goes anywhere fast down here in the summer!!

image.jpg image.jpg It's got a 9a corrado block with a kr head, I'm impressed ,don't suppose it's still in the family? And no mate I wouldn't keep up with you but the old girls quick for 35yrs old

What's up with Bodmin Thogg?
I'm probably biased... because I have to work from there and so I get to see the not so pleasant side of it.. therefore I'll try and be constructive... there are much much nicer places to live in Cornwall than Bodmin. There are some ok bits but by and large... it's not the nicest place. I'm reasonably confident that @Polzeylad will back me up on that one. There are however some stunning places on the outskirts with amazing views and ready access to the moors etc. I live in Newquay and it takes me 25 mins ish to get to Bodmin. WadeBridge is about 10 mins from Bodmin and within striking distance of all sorts of stuff. I would say that if you are planning on commmuting the A30 to Exeter every day.. that will get old fairly quickly.. I guess it's the work life balance thing. Good luck and happy hunting. It really is a stunning part of the world to call home.

Back