So what does everyone do for a living?

Maintenance Supervisor for a oil and gas drilling company - currently sitting off shore Congo , and its raining :(

I own and run the Chipsaway South Nottingham Franchise. I love it. Until I get a light metallic side repair. Then I hate it.

Hi @RattyMcClelland

Sorry to ask but the Mrs managed to bend the RangeRover Sport yesterday wacking a post even though it had parking sensors and a rear view camera! :eek:

Do you reckon this could be a chipsaway job or it would have to go to a body shop please? There is a small dent but mostly scrapes and if doable what sort of cost are we looking at do you think. My unit is right near the Martlesham Heath Chipsaway franchise but as your here I thought I'd ask you first if that's ok :thumbsup:

IMG_2222.JPG IMG_2223.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Yer that's repairable (if the franchisee had the experience and tools). That will need weld pulling out, then panel beated, filled and shaped, then paint the wing and bumper corner.

Prices around £450.

Ah wondered if there was one of these threads on the forum. You will love my title which is Vacuum Technician and not those things your wife cleans the house with, far more technical and complcated. I work at a place called Diamond Light Source which is in effect a huge miroscope . I might add I used to build Dilution Refrigerators now I'm semi - retired and only work three days a week. :)

I just work! 6 days a week, then in the evening I'm usually pricing, quoting, doing VAT or paying invoices etc etc etc.....
And all to pay for myT6...
The joys of running your own business!
Get others to do the bulk of the work. Then you have plenty of time to surf, go away for 5 week holidays, etc. That's what we do (my wife and I run our own business too).

Back