So what does everyone do for a living?

Helicopters for my sins.
You have the best office in the world.

I have a few hours on H269, R44 and 206 in GA. I used to work in the US and spent all my cash hour building in the KLOS 95.5 traffic chopper just for fun. It is the most fun you can have with your clothes on. :D

I guess sat in a tooled up AH-64 is a whole different ballgame... What a great job. Autos in an apache must be an experience.

I worked at British Gas / Centrica for 31 years doing various things. Ended up in Management Information / data analytics with lots of responsibilities and sleepless nights. Took redundancy aged 49.

Had a supposed gap year which ended up being 6. Spent time doing DIY, playing with cars, being a house husband and looking after my late father, and playing with cars :) .Then covid struck preventing return to work. Daughter is 18 months away from Uni so employment needed.

I’m now 9 months in working full time at a local fastenings company which does a bit more than supply nuts and bolts. I work in the warehouse preparing customer nut & bolt orders plus loads of other stuff.

The commute is 5 mins walk, the staff are great and when I walk out of the door the day is finished - no worries. In the 9 months I’ve lost over a stone and I’m fitter / stronger than I’ve been for a long long time (most days I’m shifting 400-500kg of stock). Its also been good mentally to have something new to focus on.

Life is good though I’d like to drop a day!
I worked for British Gas for 40 years and took redundancy 3 years ago, the last 5 years looking mainly at your reports , don’t miss it one bit….

I am a student, so I do not currently have a job. However, many of my peers have professions ranging from teaching and engineering to computer programming and healthcare. There are also a lot of students juggling classes with part-time employment and internships. Regardless of their field of work, each person has their own unique approach and outlook on life. It's great to hear everyone's stories and be a part of such a diverse group of people.

Reactions: CAB
I design electronic trading systems for banks. I have a one-man-band sideline in MTD VAT software for people who maintain business accounts in spreadsheets rather than one of the big accounting packages. Happy to give VIP members a year's free subscription if anyone fits into that niche.

Cool, were you on the James Bond 'set' during filming?
Hi me and sue retired we are like a tramp steamer going from port to port in angelsey this week just done 4 weeks in Scotland pennines next week life is for living ING live for today we are spending the kids Inheritance.

Hi, I am fully qualified hgv class 1 driver and have dabbled with the planning side of transport too. Prefer driving though. Also a fully qualified carpenter and joiner.

Motorsport technician since 1994. Done most stuff. 90's BTCC, World Rally, F1 track side 2001-2016.
Now have a very comfy factory job building Mercedes F1 engines.
You dont live far from me then. Nice to hear another member is from northampton.

Back