So what does everyone do for a living?

Former long distance truck driver, UK and Europe from 1981 until 1999 (when it was still fun!) then I got a proper career and became a Firefighter. Now retired and looking forward to trundling around the UK and Europe again "living in a box"! Not looking forward to paying for my own diesel, ferry crossings, road tolls etc though!!
Retirement and a campervan is a great combination. Enjoy.

I served my time as an electrician but was involved in the electronic security industry for nearly 40 years before retiring middle of last year.

After having a little dabble with a micro camper, have finally realised my ambition of buying a ‘proper’ van (a 2017 T6) which is currently being converted

God this out if date. Moderators!! But if anyone still looks and wants to reignite...
I'm a fuel operator, basically send jet fuel to military and commercial facilities through underground pipeline.

God this out if date. Moderators!! But if anyone still looks and wants to reignite...
I'm a fuel operator, basically send jet fuel to military and commercial facilities through underground pipeline.
Me too did 16 years till Dec 23 (if it’s same place E…..)

Last edited:
In what way out of date? :confused:

Replace Trabant with Startline ;) I’ll be fine - as long as too many bits don’t start falling off!! I’ll soon find out as tomorrow is pick up day :D
You'll love it. :thumbsup:

I retired 4 years ago from designing websites and fixing computers. I would never go back to work for anyone, for any amount of money! :)
...and I have never experienced 1 day of boredom
Must say, I am looking forward to enjoying music again, just gotta wait 11 years! You lucky rich pensioners you! I can't go on listening to GB News, it is bound to affect me!

Last edited:
Back