So what does everyone do for a living?

Aha, I see what you’ve done there, @Alan Ginger
. Off numbers here goes:£
Depends what mood I am in when I start counting my years - length of time as a nursing assistant ( which counts as my pension) or Length of time qualified as a nurse or do I include my year part time when I was working my pre- retirement or do I just count from 2018 when I finished and walked away

see the official dates below you decide - good to see I have someone keeping a good account of my dates : send me your email address I need a good Secretary :thumbsup:

Nursing Assistant 1977 -1979
Started Nurse Training 1979 -1982
Qualified 1982
Stopped working full time 2017 ( pre-retirement )
Retired 2018

;)

Lorry driver for a very large red and yellow supply chain logistics company for the last 26 years.

Reactions: CAB
Motorsport technician since 1994. Done most stuff. 90's BTCC, World Rally, F1 track side 2001-2016.
Now have a very comfy factory job building Mercedes F1 engines.
Dont know a guy called Kev Lock do you? Im friends with him. He was on the pit crew for a while but not spoken for a while and he said he was going into drivetrain. I think he was a gearbox technician.

Former long distance truck driver, UK and Europe from 1981 until 1999 (when it was still fun!) then I got a proper career and became a Firefighter. Now retired and looking forward to trundling around the UK and Europe again "living in a box"! Not looking forward to paying for my own diesel, ferry crossings, road tolls etc though!!

Last edited:
Back