So it starts

Luffy1990

Hi

I am new around here, but just ordered my Van T6.1 T28 150 DSG Highline Panel van, its being sent without back seats and bulk head.

Trying to find a conversion company is proving difficult, was hoping to spend £20k but after adding all the extras it always seems to go over this.

Has anyone had any experience with these guys: VW Campervan Conversions | VisionTech Automotive | United Kingdom

Love the curved features.

Thanks Oli

Hi

I am new around here, but just ordered my Van T6.1 T28 150 DSG Highline Panel van, its being sent without back seats and bulk head.

Trying to find a conversion company is proving difficult, was hoping to spend £20k but after adding all the extras it always seems to go over this.

Has anyone had any experience with these guys: VW Campervan Conversions | VisionTech Automotive | United Kingdom

Love the curved features.

Thanks Oli
Just had my T6 dsg highline converted(picked it up yesterday) had a few extras and the build came to about £26000

Why not post the itemised price list here, and we could try and help you cut some stuff out, or tell you where an item looks a bit expensive.
We converted ourselves and the conversion cost about £8k with no pop-top.

Pete

Saw the VTA crowd and either their Vision or Premier van (can't remember which) at the NEC back in February. Looked very nice, but we ultimately ended up going for a Three Bridge conversion. Again, it was the curved furniture that sold it to us, along with the options and the attitude of the team that we met. I'd gone there convinced I was going to buy a new California Ocean but when you see the alternatives that are available, you realise that you can get something with a real WOW factor - provided you're prepared to pay for it!! :oops: :slow rofl:

Has anyone created an order for van builds, i.e. at what stage do you install the electrics gas etc.

Carpet first or electrics then carpet?

Thanks Oli

Why not post the itemised price list here, and we could try and help you cut some stuff out, or tell you where an item looks a bit expensive.
We converted ourselves and the conversion cost about £8k with no pop-top.

Pete
Very good advice. ^^^^

Below is a price I got back from one of the conversion companies, this does not include changing the front bench to a captains seat and also I would like all seats including rib bed to be leather.

Currently looking at trying to do the below my self or at least parts of it my self and getting companies to do items that I am not comfortable doing i.e. the pop top roof and windows.

I think I am going with the B2 stealth roof found a company who can book me in for 6 weeks time.

I am having the Van delivered this Friday with it booked in to be wrapped in Porsche crayon on the 17th August.

Will be ordering black rhino wheels with all terrain tyres as soon as possible.

Pop top.
-Austops with scenic canvas and roof bed. £2600
-California manual pop top with scenic canvas and bed frame. £3800

Blinds.
-Vanshades blinds and window pods. £1100.

Units.
-Badabing kitchen with over head lockers. £4000
-Evo units. This is based on the 4.4 kit with gloss finish and over head lockers with lights and space for an oven/grille. £1800

Appliances.
- Smev 9222. £220
Smev oven and grille. £182.
Tap. £40.
Waeco Crx50 fridge. £579.
Water pump and fittings. £150.

Gas.
-Underslung gas bottle kit. £450.
-BBQ point. £45.

Water.
-Underslung skirt water tank kit £150.

Bed systems.
-California bed and rail kit. £3950 with reclining bed board.
-California bed kit with normal board. £3500
-fixed RIB bed. £2600 with slider and isofix.

Front seats.
-Swivel front seat bases £400

Solar and power.
-Solar panel kit. £350.
-CTEC split charger. £280.
-AGM leisure battery. £250.
-CBE PC210 kit with 12v, 240 hook up and battery charger. CBE sockets and usb chargers. £500.

Floor.
-insulated Altro single piece Floor and fitting. £450.

Carpet lining and insulation.
- Thermaliner and Dacron insulation to walls and silent coat on wheel arches. Veltrim carpet lining. £950.

Lighting.
-Led Lights and dimmable switches. £150

Heating.
-Eberspacher D4L heater with easy start pro controller and California fitting kit. £1150.

Shower.
-California shower kit. £150.

Additional items.
-Steps for California rail floor. £200.

Windows.
-Full window set with opening middle row and fixed rear £1000.

Options.
-Pull out cooking pod in boot area. £650.
-Projector and rear Bluetooth sound package. £550.
-Karndean flooring. £250.
-table door store. (My own design.) £275.
-Genuine awning rails on both sides. £280.
-Thule omnistor 5102 awning and brackets. £650.
-Drawers for underneath RIB bed. £250.
-pop top lighting. £100.

Total with labour cost. (This is with Evo units and California pop top.) take off £1000 for Austops pop top.

- £25196 with California bed system and folding bed board.
-£24646 with California bed system and standard bed frame.
-£23396 with RIB bed.

Does anybody know how Dirtyweekender conversions stand on pricing roughly?

Visiting them soon to run through this but just like an idea before I drive down?

The owners are holiday on the moment so can't get any prices before I visit.

If you want california bed and rails. Give Richard at Kernow Transporters a call I have just had the rails, bed, floor and front seats in alcantara and leather fitted for not a lot more than what you have said for the bed alone. Plus you can sell your seats and make some money back.

If you want california bed and rails. Give Richard at Kernow Transporters a call I have just had the rails, bed, floor and front seats in alcantara and leather fitted for not a lot more than what you have said for the bed alone. Plus you can sell your seats and make some money back.

Did you get all that for 3.5k? Was it California bed you got from Richard?

Jesus, people are paying £20k for conversions?
I've had one off HardyVWDubs in Barnsley, and another being done at the end of the month. For Approx £15k, you'll get the full set up, leather, electric bed etc etc.
Only extras I didn't ask for is a heater.

Did you get all that for 3.5k? Was it California bed you got from Richard?

I got the front seats and cali bed for £3.5k. Rails and floor fitting brought it to £4700. I justified the cost quite easily. You have a genuine crash tested rail and bed setup (not just pull tested). Aftermarket, as good as it is will not have been developed as well as OEM and if it has been will be extremely expensive. Look at the prices of the other sliding bed setups, for a decent setup you won't get any change from £4k and in my opinion don't function or look as good as OEM but that's purely my own opinion.

Also take into the account that I sold my standard captains simora passenger for £800 and I haven't had to fit aftermarket swivel bases (also not as good as genuine VW IMO) and re-upholster. This alone saves circa £1k. Add that to an M1 rock and roll bed and you aren't far off the £3900 I had to invest. Also add in, 12mm ply, altro flooring, labour and piece of ming you haven't had to drop the fuel tank and labour. Whilst there I had the second fuel line fitted for an easy installation of a diesel heater. All in all I would say it was a good deal.

@Vanman how are you getting on with the Bedrock seat/bed setup? I had a Titan bed in my last conversion and was 99% sure I was going to repeat, but I like the look of the Bedrock.

@Vanman how are you getting on with the Bedrock seat/bed setup? I had a Titan bed in my last conversion and was 99% sure I was going to repeat, but I like the look of the Bedrock.
Really good well pleased
Easy to convert to the bed good space in boot area
Recliner function also good
Definitely recommend

Back