So I looked in the engine bay..and then the oil filler

There has been a few reports of mayo around the oil neck filler on the euro 6 engines, i have had a little on mine. VW have said it is nothing to be alarmed about (so they say) cant remember the explanation off the top of my head. I think @Loz had a statement about it ? As for the oil light best you keep a eye on the level as a new engine will use some and will need topping up. you should have had some oil supplied with it when your purchased for this.

update
https://www.t6forum.com/threads/so-i-looked-in-the-engine-bay-and-then-the-oil-filler.923/
Eek! Well I blame myself for not keeping a close eye on the level. Please god, I hope I haven't damaged any pistons. Shame on me for trusting technology!!

I never got any oil...nor Ad Blue for that fact?! Because 42k doesn't cover that apparently...(angry face)

So need I worry that the oil is black? The engine is still so new I would've expected it to be Amber on the dipstick.

Eek! Well I blame myself for not keeping a close eye on the level. Please god, I hope I haven't damaged any pistons. Shame on me for trusting technology!!

I never got any oil...nor Ad Blue for that fact?! Because 42k doesn't cover that apparently...(angry face)

So need I worry that the oil is black? The engine is still so new I would've expected it to be Amber on the dipstick.
For what it costs, can't hurt to go and get an oil and filter change.

I still keep a eye on the ford transit forum after selling my custom and they are getting trouble with oil lights coming on . They are getting free oil and filter changes even after very low miles ( 3000) or so . Not sure if the oil is going like the vw but it's on the there new euro 6 engine . It's looking like they all needed more time to get these developed better and it could be a good idea to get a extended warranty if you can or even get the dealer to give one free.

Got my van back yesterday after 2 weeks (8 working days) having oil cooler replaced, only to drive 9 miles home and find emulsified water on the dipstick again! I'm guessing the flushing didn't work and there's no evidence of the sump being dropped to clean out the strainer/sump, they certainly didn't test drive it as mileage was the same as when it went in. Called vw assist who got AA out and said it shouldn't be driven! Waiting for a replacement van now

Has anyone rejected a new vehicle due to faults not being rectified properly? I read somewhere you have to give them 1 chance to put right but can't find it now

I love the van and don't want the hassle going through the rejection process but I'm not happy with the power unit and turbos in particular potentially having premature wear/damage.

@Astonb, sorry to hear you're having a bit of an ordeal. I have a feeling I'm also going to be going back and forth between VW to rectify a problem that I have although I'm unsure if it's oil related yet. (My engine screams at me)

Anyway, I've been told that they couldn't find an issue. As soon as I picked up my van the engine screamed when I pulled away. Like an idiot, I kept the van but my gosh, I wish I had refused to take it away. It's booked in again but really I should of left it.

No matter what, at the end of the day, these vans are new, even if they were built when the T6 was released. They cost a fortune and that's why they're supposed to be a seriously reliable and hardy van.

I'm going to be hypercritical here and say "refuse it." The problem hasn't been rectified and you clearly have grounds to giving them a bit of a telling off as you notice your mileage hasn't even changed. (I wish I had taken note of mine)

I hope you get it sorted soon though, if you're anything like me, you're probably finding this a bit of a heart wrenching experience.

Just to update . Van has been in for the dpf sensor change and the mayo in the filler neck is no more ?
Checked over the last few thousand miles and still no reappearance.
Wonder if part of the update has made the engine run hotter and is clearing out the condensation?

The recovery guy said the same but VW want it so they can have it and will keep a closer eye in future to wipe away before it gets too bad.

I've noticed this mayo on the dip stick on mine the other week .

Spoke to the dealers and was told yes its common and not to worry . They also said to take it for a long drive once a week.

Problem I've got is I can't check the oil level on the dipstick as its just covered in the mayo each time you dip it in .

Do any of you lot actually rev your vans hard? i'd imagine a good thrashing would clear that

Hi All
I've just found the mayo on my filler pipe
It's 204 dsg one year old and done 10k I had the oil changed @
4 k whilst it was in for warranty bits
I've only even checked the dipstick and never needed to top up but as everyone says the oil is black black and seems very thin and does get to silly temps when doing the regen process
I was very very worried untill somebody pointed me to this thread and now just realise we all have a shit designed van!!!!!!
Have we found that different oils react differently or even different countries where climate and journey times differ ?
Thanks .... any advice welcome

Back