Smev sink and hob: 9722 or 9222?

Jonner

T6 Pro
Ok so next decision smev sink and hob size 9222 or 9722 it's going to be just me and wifey I am thinking 9722 is big enough but is it? Also is electronic igniter better than piezo?

I can't answer the question on what unit is best but I can say that even a box of matches would be better than the piezo igniter on the RH gas ring of our 9222 which stopped sparking soon after we got it. It's one of those jobs that I simply haven't bothered to look at but eventually, it will pee me off enough to investigate and sort it out!

We have the 9722 for 2 of us, and it's fine. We don't do a load of cooking on it but it copes with 2 billy pans fine. Piezo still working after 3 years.

Pete

Thanks Pete and Ayjay we don't intend on doing much cooking either .I look at stuff for the van conversion then there are options and that's what causes me problems can't decide then.

We’ve had both and unless you need a massive pot or plan on doing lots of washing up the 9722 works really well and takes up a bit less space

Great to hear that .

Furniture is the one thing that's not causing me a problem because I can make that myself.

Hey guys thanks for your help when I finally decided on 9722 electric igniter .they are out of bloody stock!!!!!!

I can't answer the question on what unit is best but I can say that even a box of matches would be better than the piezo igniter on the RH gas ring of our 9222 which stopped sparking soon after we got it. It's one of those jobs that I simply haven't bothered to look at but eventually, it will pee me off enough to investigate and sort it out!
An event yesterday has prompted me correct my earlier post and apologise to Smev. As predicted, the lack of spark did pee me off enough for me to investigate it when I had to look at the underside of the unit for another reason. I traced the wire from the gas ring sparker (or whatever it's called) to the igniter and then found that it's white plug had not been connected! It took about 2 seconds to connect it and another couple of minutes to find a small tie wrap and secure it properly so that it won't come out again. I told my wife about it and she reckoned that it has never worked since we first got the van from the converters so I can only assume that they forgot to finish the job properly when they installed the unit.

Not really

Just wondering what the difference is between the 9222 sink/gas unit and the 9722?
Can't find a side by side pic

Pete

I see that the 9722 is 179mm deep and the 9222 is 152mm deep. I plan to have a left hand sink, but want the sink to sit above the fridge below. The fridge height is 530, and I plan to have the worktop at 760mm. I'd like to go with the 9722, will this work?

I don’t think either include the drain connection which will add another 30mm or so. You might just get away with it as another 10mm of depth is above the worktop. Most suppliers though put the sink on the side away from the fridge

Thanks the the 30mm dimension for the drain, this was the unknown. I have seen a number of sinks above fridges, mainly 9222's. I may go for a 9222 as it leaves a little more wiggle room underneath.

@JBR80. Unless I missed it, you didn't say what fridge you're going to install but FWIW I just went out and had a look at our installation with tape measure in hand. The hob on our 9222 is on the left and above the Dometic CRX50 fridge but I reckon that even if the sink was above the fridge, there would still be about 40mm between the top of the fridge and the drain outlet of the sink.

I didn;t mention the fridge which is the just kampers JK50, but I did mention the height which is 530mm. Thanks @Ayjay for taking a look at your setup. I'm now a little wary of the sink drain being above the fridge from a leak / damage point of view. I may just put a drawer over the fridge (under the hob), and section off the unit under the sink. I'm still designing the unit's, so there are a few variables to fix.

Last edited:
Hi all, I have a question about people’s experience of the smev 9722. My conversion is complete and I’m happy with everything except the cooker. The flame is orange weak and regularly blows out with the slightest breeze. Do others have a positive experience with the product? Is it possible the installer has done something wrong? In its current state it really is not functional. All help appreciated

Back