SMEV RECALL

JBR80

CNC machinist
T6 Pro
I was in the process of ordering a Smev 9722 combination hob/sink earlier today. The retailer informed me they have been issued with a product recall for this and other models. I had a quick look at the Domestic site and there is a recall on a number of models. It's related to a gas leaking from the cooker regulator. I see not all online stock has been withdrawn, so well worth checking with the distributor to make sure you have a safe unit. I couldn't see serial number ranges on the domestic site, so it may be that the fault exists on very old units. Thought it best to flag it up for existing owners and those about to buy.

Last edited by a moderator:
This highlights the importance of registering products with the manufacturer.

This highlights the importance of registering products with the manufacturer.
Absolutely. Smev are looking after their own interests by only issuing a voluntary rather than mandatory recall.

I've asked Dometic for info on production period or serial numbers of MO 9222 models. IF I get a reply I will post it.
On their web sight it gives the products affected and the SKU code that applies
They all start 96********
Mines 91******
So assume not on the recall

Where would you find the SKU code of the ones fitted in our vans?
I had mine converted and they just put all relevant paper work in a plastic wallet
If you have a cupboard or access under the cooker there may be a slip of paper attached to it somewhere mine looks the sort of thing that gets torn off
Maybe if someones done a self build they may know where to look and advise

I had mine converted and they just put all relevant paper work in a plastic wallet
If you have a cupboard or access under the cooker there may be a slip of paper attached to it somewhere mine looks the sort of thing that gets torn off
Maybe if someones done a self build they may know where to look and advise
Thanks, I'll go take a look

As you open the cupboard door my details sticker is facing you.
Thankfully mine is a 91033 SKU number . Model MO9222D.

The label may also be on the underneath of the hob. You can just make out the qr code in this pic.

IMG_20210728_115217.jpg

Just checked mine and it's one of the ones that's recalled unfortunately. Got it from evomotion so will be contacting them first thing tomorrow to see what they say on the subject. Hopefully a quick replacement can be agreed and sorted but I highly doubt it

Just checked mine and it's one of the ones that's recalled unfortunately. Got it from evomotion so will be contacting them first thing tomorrow to see what they say on the subject. Hopefully a quick replacement can be agreed and sorted but I highly doubt it
Update... After contacting evomotion I was told to send the unit back for a full refund which I wasn't willing to do without getting a new unit first. When I was on the hunt for a replacement unit from a different retailer I contacted a company who were selling one and they explained to me to contact dometic direct as they are sending out engineers to test the affected units in the field which I have done. All you do is leave your address and they should get out to you but they don't have a timescale of how long this will take unfortunately.
It appears many companies aren't sure or don't know about this as when I phoned evo back to inform them of what I was told they had no information regarding this from dometif themselves.

Update... After contacting evomotion I was told to send the unit back for a full refund which I wasn't willing to do without getting a new unit first. When I was on the hunt for a replacement unit from a different retailer I contacted a company who were selling one and they explained to me to contact dometic direct as they are sending out engineers to test the affected units in the field which I have done. All you do is leave your address and they should get out to you but they don't have a timescale of how long this will take unfortunately.
It appears many companies aren't sure or don't know about this as when I phoned evo back to inform them of what I was told they had no information regarding this from dometif themselves.
I wouldn’t be surprised if converters don’t show interest, this is a voluntary recall by the manufacturer.
As for engineers visiting to check appliances that could drag on like the Whirlpool fiasco.

Surprised its a voluntary recall considering the severity of the fault and what could possibly come of it. But yeh I tend to agree with you, I can see this being a bit of a long process.

Back